Recent content by heelwrestler07

  1. H

    Wrestling 2026-2027

    Looking forward to this season with some of the same caveats as last season, we are still not ideally built for tournaments with more of a solid across the board team than a team with some high end contenders, That said we have increased the level of some of that talent and have a few more guys...
  2. H

    Wrestling 2026-2027

    Yeah, hate missing Hepner at all, but at least he will be there for all the conference matches and the end of season tournaments
  3. H

    Wrestling 2026-2027

    All I know is that if Iowa St. has a 3 or 4 or I guess now 5 time NCAA champ in the next 20 years, I want them hired as our coach
  4. H

    Wrestling 2026-2027

    first thing that comes to mind on wrestling coaching hire fails is Iowa State. They had Dan Gable as a wrestler and didn't hire him as a coach and had to watch as he established a dynasty at rival Iowa. Then they had Cael Sanderson as a wrestler and are watching what he is currently doing at Penn St
  5. H

    Wrestling 2026-2027

    I agree that him signing with us might have dissuaded Reynolds from signing as well. And with that said I think I would rather have Reynolds, he is obviously still unproven, but with all the national level competition high level recruits are more like to hit and less likely to end up being busts...
  6. H

    Wrestling 2026-2027

    Glad to see, it doesn't matter what else you do, if you don't bring in top level wrestlers you can only be so good
  7. H

    Wrestling 2026-2027

    He made a surprising run all the way to the NCAA finals his year at UNC while also attending law school
  8. H

    Wrestling 2026-2027

    College Wrestling: Top 25 teams in operating expenses for 2025 fiscal year - On3 https://share.google/qKWfld8hbFqNx7q2d Interesting to see where we rank as far as spending, hope we can figure out some ways to up our financial situation as there is a clear correlation between spending and on mat...
  9. H

    Wrestling 2026-2027

    Love seeing our guys wrestling in the off-season at big tournaments. You get better by wrestling high level competition. Also nice to see some level of success that can help build confidence moving forward
  10. H

    UNC Wrestling 2025-2026

    So I went back and watched a McCrone match that came across my YouTube feed and saw him wrestling a familiar for in VT's Ventresca. From this and the Lilledahl match I think against the top level guys we are going to be frustrated by his inability to dictate the action from neutral, but going to...
  11. H

    UNC Wrestling 2025-2026

    I love having a guy that is a strong mat wrestler, it should help our other 125 and 133 guys get better on bottom, and obviously the extra points from the pins he gets could end up being a big deal. It also makes him a threat against anyone he wrestles, he was down 6-2 in the Lilledahl (2x...
  12. H

    UNC Wrestling 2025-2026

    I was happy to see all the guys we have participating. I know this statement might be crazy, but I think the best way to get better at wrestling it to wrestle, especially against high level competition. Obviously was hoping all of them would have done better, but the experience should be good...
  13. H

    UNC Wrestling 2025-2026

    Looks like we have another transfer coming in, a 184, so Dailey replacement
  14. H

    UNC Wrestling 2025-2026

    That sounds like the answer at 125 next year, excited to see what he can do for us. If I am remembering correctly he has had some big wins in his career, hopefully he can have a great season for us
  15. H

    UNC Wrestling 2025-2026

    there are some interesting names in the portal, hopefully we can get involved with and land some that will make our team stronger without messing up team chemistry or costing us the development of our younger wrestlers
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football Matt Rhule makes cameo appearance in HBO's Lanterns finale
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set