Recent content by hawknut

  1. H

    Big Ten Wrestling Championships move to neutral site

    How much attendance is there if Big Tens were in a truly neutral site? How much attendance if it were in Chicago? Just curious. Haven’t been to a BT Wrestling championship for many years. I think my last one was in the Barn. That wasn’t too full from what I remember. Do they sell...
  2. H

    Recruiting….

    Then why take him in the first place?
  3. H

    NEWS: 2027 pledge Sonny Amato announces decommitment

    Our coaches objectively have relative deficiencies compared to the “Sando boys” regardless of whatever the Sando boys are doing. Our coaches have been slow or unable to recognize the deficiencies and in some cases cannot improve. This includes recruiting planning, individual match planning...
  4. H

    NEWS: 2027 pledge Sonny Amato announces decommitment

    If we cut bait because he’s not good enough—that is great, but why did we take him in the first place? It’s not like something changed. Not coming to train as a high schooler? I bet the kid has been training most every day for basically his whole life. I’m going to just assume he’s not as...
  5. H

    Recruiting….

    Only if they consider bringing their empty TV dinner container back upstairs to Mom in the kitchen a job and their fellow douche posters friends.
  6. H

    Recruiting….

    This is the worst board ever. I occasionally re check posts to look for actual info or legit discussions. But all I ever see is dudes who must not work or have any friends bitching at each other over and over.
  7. H

    157 next year

    Coach Brands said it, not me. Just seemed very callous, too. He should be screening every single guy he brings in from the very first day he was head coach. I was assuming (maybe incorrectly so) he was talking about JW and maybe a few others. Like maybe they didn’t do their homework on...
  8. H

    157 next year

    My post you cited never indicated where Block was going to be. I have no idea and don’t claim to. If I wasn’t clear on that, my fault. My post was just referring to Brands historical actions of planning out a lineup. Posters were saying that Brands must have a plan for Block to go a...
  9. H

    157 next year

    Yeah Tom said just this year something about they have to start doing a better job screening transfers. That blew my mind. Been here how long and supposed top of his field and it never crossed his mind?
  10. H

    157 next year

    Maybe, but for better or worse, Brands has historically not master planned weights like this. He tends to let the weight movement figure it out by letting the fur fly, which probably sharpens individuals, but probably weakens team by having some empty weights. Not to bash on Brands, but...
  11. H

    157 next year

    Drake did not want to leave. Transfers in were getting 500k and Drake was getting way way less and was National Runner up. Never even crossed Tom’s mind to value “his guys” equal or better than incoming transfers. The only reason Drake looked to DT was because of this. Tom was forced to...
  12. H

    April 1 Portal targets

    I heard Endene to Iowa State was a done deal in January. I know he was 226 a week or 2 prior to the first meet this year. Isn’t he out of eligibility? I was surprised he got this year. 2 JUCO, 3 Wartburg. If JUCO doesn’t count, why does Tavion Banks not get to come back?
  13. H

    Coaching Staff Next Year

    So we should hire bad wrestlers as coaches over good wrestlers because bad wrestlers are better coaches? Typically Iowa cuck wrestling fan—defend whatever we do and make it sound good VHS is a serial liar. He doesn’t know anything. He made it up. He got caught lying about wrestling at...
  14. H

    Coaching Staff Next Year

    Jake Varner is an Olympic Gold medalist, isn’t he?
  15. H

    Portal April 1st

    I heard he was going to Iowa State the day it was announced he was not on team. Must’ve been in the works already. he had 2 JUCO years, 3 years a Wartburg, This season at Iowa. Even if he qualifies for medical redshirt, JUCO years must not count at all? Seems like that rule is not applied...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
  2. 02 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  3. 03 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  4. 04 On3 Football Oklahoma OT Michael Fasusi listed as doubtful on SEC injury report ahead of Texas
  5. 05 On3 Football Lincoln Kienholz listed as probable for Louisville vs. Florida State on Wednesday availablity report