Recent content by HawkInMO

  1. H

    Gameday is headed to Iowa City

    That was such a cool day in Iowa City. Until the game started. :( I should probably be going to this game since I seem to bring good luck to the Hawks. I've been to 4 Iowa/OSU games in Kinnick (1983, 1988, 2004, 2017) and Iowa is 3-0-1 in those games. I hate the Buckeyes.
  2. H

    remaining question marks

    These are also my primary questions/concerns.
  3. H

    Vote for Iowa Football Tailgating

    Just voted for Iowa. The site says Iowa is currently #1 out of the 20 schools in the poll, so keep it going Hawk fans!
  4. H

    Thunder summer league

    Writeup from the KC Star regarding Stirtz's summer league debut (apologies if it's blocked by a paywall): https://www.kansascity.com/sports/article316385112.html
  5. H

    OT: sort of as soccer is football but what did you think of US's Balogun getting red carded out of the game

    Complete crap. One of the worst red cards I've ever seen in the World Cup.
  6. H

    Who had the best gear in college sports?

    The comparative Iowa/ISU scores make no sense. According to the article, 30% of a team's score was determined by the regular season and 70% by post season success. Iowa had more post-season success than the Clones in football and men's/women's basketball. And ISU doesn't even have a baseball...
  7. H

    Who had the best gear in college sports?

    I think Iowa has some of the best blocking sleds in the B1G!
  8. H

    How do you think ISU football will be next year?

    ESPN has picked them to finish dead last in the B12. I listened to the Two Guys podcast yesterday and the host who's a Cyclone fan thinks they should win 6 games.
  9. H

    Why Did Emmett Johnson of Nebraska Fall to the 5th Round?

    I don't think Nebraska has enjoyed it very much the last 10 years. :)
  10. H

    Who excites you the most of the new players? Which of the returnees will have a breakout year?

    I hope you're right! I would love to see both Jirak and McKeever providing some high-level production at the 5 next season.
  11. H

    TEU

    Kittle and LaPorta being injured really hampered our 2025 rating. LaPorta should be healthy next year but not sure about Kittle. Achilles injuries are a b*tch to come back from.
  12. H

    *****Iowa vs Illinois NCAAT Game Thread*****

    Watching the game from The Other Place in Overland Park, KS. The place is filling up with Hawkeye fans. Expecting it to be standing room only. Gonna be a rowdy crowd!
  13. H

    I'll be that guy...

    I listened to a podcast a couple months ago where Leistikow interviewed Beth Goetz. Beth said last year Ben and his family were in IC for discussions and she was worried about getting a deal done. Ben's wife pulled Beth aside and told her "don't worry, this is his dream job", and of course a...
  14. H

    Ben McCollum show

    Based on those two clips it looks like this might be a coach's show that's actually worth watching (or listening to).
  15. H

    Yearly Kinnick complaint thread

    It used to be even worse at Kinnick. I believe they widened each of the bleacher seats by 2" back in 2005/2006 so prior to that seating was extremely cramped. The seat widening was largely responsible for Kinnick's capacity dropping under 70,000. I would welcome wider seats going forward...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football Todd McShay: Keelon Russell 'on trajectory' to join Andrew Luck as only players with 99 NFL Draft grade
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting LSU intel: Where things stand with Easton Royal, Ahmad Hudson, more flip targets; Tigers pacing for an elite 2028 recruiting class