Recent content by hawkeyemark18

  1. H

    College football is dead

    I love the sport and watch for entertainment and the increasing commercialization makes these games harder to watch for me. I did a double take when they talked about the band doing beer night downtown and Bud Lite flashed across the screen. Direct advertising during the broadcast I find...
  2. H

    2027 Recruiting

    Ben has a well earned reputation for developing point guards which has put him in a position to go down to the wire with a talented recruit like Cayden Daughtry. Fans naturally get caught up in it but we need to keep things in perspective should we come up short. I thought Combs looked good...
  3. H

    2027 Recruiting

    Ben wants to build the team from high school recruiting first. He will use the portal to fill in gaps like with Campbell and McKeever. Ben can pursue the big fish at point guard because we sit pretty well there. Just looked up the status on Combs now a 4th year player so he has two seasons left...
  4. H

    IowaLaw's Objective Post Game Analysis: Michigan

    That last drive showed where Kirk needs to evolve in his thinking on offense before he walks off into the sunset. He got forced into hiring a new offensive coordinator who has improved the passing game. Kirk still wants to play offense in a tight window. We can move the ball via the air when we...
  5. H

    Replacing 52% of last years scoring

    In a repeat of what I wrote in another thread Bennett Stirtz said this summer before the draft watch out for Peyton McCollum. Ben's son counts as one of those players who should really develop under his dad. If we don't land Cayden I think Ben feels ok with where we sit at point guard. He can go...
  6. H

    Thank God for the passing game!

    My brother texted and said we knew going in we couldn't run on Michigan. I agree and said I didn't like sticking to that really short passing game until it got down to crunch time late. The announcers talked about how we needed to throw it further down the field more. I so wish we would pass to...
  7. H

    This should have been the Clown game

    Had a further thought about Rogers. The next step up from the Big 12 seems the SEC or Big 10. Rogers seems too early in his career for that level. Something tells me we will have him around awhile in Ames.
  8. H

    player of the game (uni)

    Indeed. This game affirms my belief that Lester coaches the run game really well. All the backups looked good and really well coached.
  9. H

    This should have been the Clown game

    I agree with you about the first part on Rogers. Many fans seem in denial that Iowa State hired another good coach who almost took us out his first at bat in Kinnick. Have no clue how long he will stay at Iowa State. I would think he would need a little time to establish himself like Campbell...
  10. H

    player of the game (uni)

    Plenty of good candidates your choices included. We played the way I hoped we would this game firing on all cylinders. We needed an all out effort with what lies ahead on the schedule. I will say this about Brown. He has earned his stripes as QB1. Lester before the season said the QB in his...
  11. H

    ANF Guys video- What We Learned From Iowa vs Iowa State

    Interesting to see their comments on the ISU staff. I really didn't know anything about them until now. Have watched alot of football over my nearly 70 years and they really impressed me in that game. I agree we will have our hands full with them.
  12. H

    Future non conference opponents question.

    In response to Airhawk I changed my previous two posts from Robinson to Rogers. Senior moment 🙃 Also I had no familiarity with Jimmy Rogers until he took the Iowa State job. I think he will do well there if he plays his cards right. I also found it interesting that he and Kirk had a friendly...
  13. H

    Future non conference opponents question.

    That really means nothing at the moment. Iowa State had an excellent coach in Campbell in recent years and have a potentially good one now in Rogers. We haven't had the coaching edge in this series for awhile.
  14. H

    Future non conference opponents question.

    Like it or not I don't think we can count on a win against Iowa State every season based on what I watched Saturday night. Rogers flat outcoached us that first half and his team looked well prepared. He will have to tone things down with the bush league stuff and I suspect that will come. If he...
  15. H

    Carver Hawkeye Arena renovation to begin in May of 2027 ($44M raised)

    Still in college at the time and I recall that. I went off to the Navy after that and not seeing games in those years had no clue how bad the design turned out. I understand Lute wanted the bowl and then he left us for Arizona shortly after that.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Wasserman’s College Football Top 10: Alabama rises after dominant win over Mississippi State
  2. 02 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  3. 03 On3 Football This isn't the offense Michigan paid for when it signed Bryce Underwood
  4. 04 On3 Football Marquise Lightfoot leaves Miami-Clemson game with injury, does not return
  5. 05 On3 Football Harvard walks off Colgate with miraculous Hail Mary lateral for the win