Recent content by hawkbirch

  1. hawkbirch

    Defense Attorney: “It’s just an allegation…”.

    We could hold the men equally responsible for the babies they create. That would help us be less cooked. Makes you wonder why that never seems to be an option.
  2. hawkbirch

    Defense Attorney: “It’s just an allegation…”.

    The State should trust parents to make the right decision for their children.
  3. hawkbirch

    I-9 Forms

    Hope so!! It's time to return to my native Costa Rica. I've really overstayed my welcome!
  4. hawkbirch

    I-9 Forms

    I have worked for the same employer for the last 22 years. Today I got an email that I need to complete a "new or updated" I-9 form before September 30. Huh? What do you suppose happens if I don't do the new form? Part of me wants to call their bluff but I do like my job and...
  5. hawkbirch

    Pick 3 posters you want to meet in person and explain why. Mclegion counts as one poster.

    We have to win it eventually, right? I'll keep going until we do. I've had a great time all three times even if the game didn't go our way.
  6. hawkbirch

    Pick 3 posters you want to meet in person and explain why. Mclegion counts as one poster.

    @3boysmom -- Just kidding, that already happened in Indy at the Championship game. So fun!! @Herkmeister -- also already happened. I'd like to do it again just to be sure he's alive. There will be signs of life in Kinnick soon. @that's not me, that's my jacket Michigan guy because I'd look...
  7. hawkbirch

    Waukee football coach had BAC nearly triple the legal limit when arrested on OWI charge

    I think firing him is harsh unless he tries to deny or make excuses for his actions. If he understands his mistake and works to correct it, it's an excellent opportunity for his players to see him be accountable and do better. Kids don't seem to have that modeled for them very often so it's...
  8. hawkbirch

    How many showers do you take each day?

    Every day at least once. More if I get dirty or sweaty. And I wash my hair every day. Youtube and Instagram have convinced my daughters that it's bad to wash your hair every day. I think it's disgusting to do otherwise.
  9. hawkbirch

    So, Zach Lahn's latest attack ad on Rob Sand

    and you and your MAGA friends are perfectly content to vote for him even though he doesn't care enough about Iowa to actually live here and raise his kids here. How does your "Iowan" candidate not know that school can't start before the state fair is over?
  10. hawkbirch

    So, Zach Lahn's latest attack ad on Rob Sand

    He registered to vote in Iowa in October 2024 in order to be eligible. Whether he actually lives in Iowa is another question. But you already know that.
  11. hawkbirch

    So, Zach Lahn's latest attack ad on Rob Sand

    I remember how fun the State Fair was the first time I went. Glad to see that Kansasans agree
  12. hawkbirch

    Joy for Urbandale and West Des Moines

    It says a lot about OP's character that he revels in punching down.
  13. hawkbirch

    Joy for Urbandale and West Des Moines

    Yet Republican policies are creating more distressed citizens. Maybe they won't be able to afford the gas to get to the polling places this fall and we can start repairing the damage they've caused across Iowa.
  14. hawkbirch

    Joy for Urbandale and West Des Moines

    This is an excellent opportunity for people who need some support to get back on their feet and become self-sufficient. Why would anyone think this is a bad thing?
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
  2. 02 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  3. 03 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  4. 04 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big 12 football team after Week 5
  5. 05 On3 Football Report: President Donald Trump still plans to attend Georgia-Alabama game despite Tropical Storm Isaias