Very possible. But again, how would you communicate that to the team in that moment? If you (Hank) are the only one who knows about the fake, that wouldn’t be very successful.
Sounds like a good “30 For 30” episode. Haha…kidding. Mostly ;)
Getting coached to sprint into position is one thing any D1 football team should know. But communicating a fake spike in controlled chaos is another thing, in my mind. I’ll love hearing more of how this went down as time goes on.
What an ending!
Every week is going to be a battle. Purdue would be the only “garbage loss” left on the schedule. Every other team could legitimately bite you. Just ask Penn State (Wisconsin), Washington (Minnesota), and Indiana (Northwestern) after this weekend.
I said 7-5 before the season. This weekend...
If Hank knew all that and the team was ready to “fake spike it”, that was some quick thinking on their part. Good sign for the mental aspects of Hank’s game, if true.
But how would that’ve been conveyed to the team in that situation?
I believe the hottest game at Kinnick was against Northern Illinois in 2013. The coldest game at Kinnick, ironically, was later that year against Michigan.
Not sure how the 2013 temp compares to this year’s Northern Illinois game.
The biggest deal is that the stadium isn’t on-campus, I’m guessing? That would prevent all the students just walking from their dorms like they do at Iowa and ISU. Big difference, probably.