Recent content by fieldcorporal

  1. F

    OT: what are the most random things you watch on youtube?

    Check put Green Mountain Metal Detecting. Dude in Vermont metal detects colonial sites.
  2. F

    Best closed clubs in Mississippi

    The 45 Club. Shake yo hiney at the half of 90. I worked for a very large international computer company in the 80's. We congregated at 1001 after work, called it the "9 hole".
  3. F

    MSU SWIMMING POOL

    sure, they were next to the pool hall downstairs in the Union, across from the book store. I saw them every time in went in the pool hall, but never used them, 1971-1975.
  4. F

    What’s the top 5 games you’ve ever seen live?

    Children, children.... The 3 game stretch to end 1974. First we beat the coon-axxes 7-6 in jackson. Man, it was cold. Then the confederates 31-13. Then Terry vitrano stomped a mud hole in UNC in the sun bowl. It was like the Israelites arriving at the promised land after years of...
  5. F

    RIP Rick Derringer

    The "Sloopy girl" is Lisa Leonard Dalton. I was in lust in 1975.
  6. F

    Just discovered Jerry Clower

    We sat right behind him at the sec basketball tournament in Birmingham. I think it was 1979, the year the tournament was restarted. He kept up a steady stream of hilarity, and was very nice to everyone around him.
  7. F

    RIP: Coach Jim Hatfield

    Coach Hatfield was good guy, not so much as a coach. RIP Coach.. My apologies for helping take this thread down a dirt road. However... I've often wondered what could have been had Ron Greene stayed instead of going back to Murray State. I really liked his team in his only year in...
  8. F

    RIP: Coach Jim Hatfield

    I don't remember much about that game. I do remember they reseated us and I went from the first row to the nosebleed section and I was pissed. I don't know if that was a State thing or NIT thing. Also Larry Smith beat us like a rented mule. And the whisky bottle that came out of the...
  9. F

    RIP: Coach Jim Hatfield

    I was a season ticket holder during the Kermit/Greene/Hatfield years and saw most of Whites home games and some road games. The guy was a great player - look up his stats. The play that should forever endear him to MSU BB fans is the 1978-79 game vs #17 KY (those axxholes). With about 6...
  10. F

    Is this team 80s bad or 2000s bad? Or a new low?

    This. 1967-1970. My very first MSU football game was at Houston in 1969. 74-0. The Shira era was bad
  11. F

    Since its slow time of year, how about campus updates including Dorman:

    I "liked" then "unliked" this so I could like it again. Except mine was Iranian physics lab (Friday 3-6) in 1973.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football Matt Rhule makes cameo appearance in HBO's Lanterns finale
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set