Recent content by Feral Manatee

  1. F

    Big Blue Madness

    We have a hell of a layup line
  2. F

    Big Blue Madness

    Me too, but this is all on Barnhart for a lazy choice.
  3. F

    Anyone else indifferent for the coming basketball season?

    I wonder if not for NIL what our recruiting classes would have been looking like these past couple years. Because the pictures and videos from recruits with Pope that we have seen are just shockingly cringe inducing. And I say that with love for the man. Pope is a really great person. But it...
  4. F

    Pope still doesn’t want another assistant

    I'll support him and the team and hope we have an incredible year and be completely open to that possibility, but there are clearly worrying signs and this is probably the year where he has to move towards showing some major signs that he is the right man for the job and our patience will...
  5. F

    Pope still doesn’t want another assistant

    Or to relate to the young players he needs to recruit to his program.
  6. F

    Pope still doesn’t want another assistant

    That's the thing that's been most surprising/disappointing. I thought he was going to bring innovation and youth to the program. It turns out that he's reflexively stubborn and becomes completely intractable on any issue where the media or fan base has a legitimate criticism. Sucks.
  7. F

    Top football recruit Kelan Hall predicted to sign with Oklahoma

    I already trust Stein already to evaluate the $ value of prospects and recruit/sign players efficiently by not overpaying for any one player and to allocate money to correct positions (offensive line #1, and so on) as he has done for this roster. You can already see the benefits of us paying top...
  8. F

    Darby

    Me too. I'm (of course) already dreaming about bigger things after Saturday. But even with Stoops' best teams we were having to play ball-control, limiting possessions; essentially "tricks" to get around the fact that we were outmanned and couldn't just line up and go head-to-head for 60...
  9. F

    Did Pope ever fill the last coaching position?

    It's been incredibly frustrating after watching his first team with a more modern offense predicated on ball movement and spacing and making three point shooting a larger percentage of the offense (he actually continually said he wanted "X" number of threes which was based on modern analytics...
  10. F

    BB: Minimum Results that will make you Happy or content

    What does everyone think our results would have been the last two years if we had hired Bruce Pearl? I'm not saying I know the answer to this question and I'm not saying that it was even possible, but I think (for me at least) it puts to test the theory that all our recent struggles can be...
  11. F

    BB: Minimum Results that will make you Happy or content

    I was hopeful after Pope's first season that we would have a specific approach and offensive and defensive philosophy that used metrics and data analysis to maximize efficiency. A modern approach that would be at the cutting edge of modern basketball. For year two, either he wasn't able to...
  12. F

    ***Cats vs Tide Game Thread***

    Some of that is punting high and making sure their all world return man doesn't get space to do anything.
  13. F

    ***Cats vs Tide Game Thread***

    Gotta secure that short pass. It's a definite first down. Just secure the ball.
  14. F

    SEC Nation in Lexington

    I'll never understand how he became such a huge college football media figure. He seems like someone that should be selling me dress slacks at Dillards both in personality and physical stature. Not doing a college football show.
  15. F

    Stein say something controversial....?

    I don't even drink and I'm progressive politically but I hate the retiring of traditions like the Bourbon Barrel for the UK/UT game. It's silly. People drink. Just try not to throw up in my aisle like that woman did one year. 😂🤮 I'm sober but I can handle drunks as long as they aren't completely...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  3. 03 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 1 OT Maui Tonata talks Arizona State visit; has Bama on deck, locks in two more game-day trips
  5. 05 On3 Football Keelon Russell downplays Heisman Trophy hype after outdueling Kamario Taylor