Recent content by downthestairs

  1. D

    Big East needs to expand…….

    The best fit by far is Fordham. The most obvious add ever Second best fit is NYU
  2. D

    BACATOLOGY 3/11: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

    I see your logic but I just cannot see St. John's over Seton Hall. St. John's beat Creighton, Hall beat Marquette (basically cancel each other out). Seton Hall beat UConn which is the best win ANY team, in or out of the field, has this year (unless there is a Clingan asterisk).
  3. D

    BACATOLOGY 3/11: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

    I mean the issue isn't the number of teams, it's the selection criteria. The way it's set up, the Big 12 can schedule 300+ NET teams, beat up on them, then enter a self-referential loop where all their wins and losses are Q1 or Q2 lol. Big 12 is on top of things generally I think. Look what...
  4. D

    BACATOLOGY 3/11: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

    Honestly to me the issue is seemingly this Big 12 thing. Dan Hurley said this in the Big East presser yesterday, which means this exact line is getting talked about within the Big East. I totally understand the need for something like NET, but as it exists right now it can get gamed by...
  5. D

    BACATOLOGY 3/11: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

    I didn't realize Oklahoma literally had no non-Q1 losses. Makes me agree with Clemson's coach. I think NET itself isn't supposed to be used to analyze a team (to do so would be tantamount to rewarding shooting percentage and margin of victory), but it can easily be gamed on the conference...
  6. D

    BACATOLOGY 3/11: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

    Hey Bac, it feels like a lot of recent brackets have dropped the Hall but kept Oklahoma safely in. What do you think accounts for this divergence? Could people be overestimating Oklahoma's chances to stay in?
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football John Mateer speaks on early season struggles ahead of Red River Rivalry game
  5. 05 On3 Football Todd McShay: Keelon Russell 'on trajectory' to join Andrew Luck as only players with 99 NFL Draft grade