Is Meridian tallest player really only 6’5? They didn’t look that small when I was watching last night but I was also glancing back and forth at our game and watching the girls before it got ugly
I’m going off on a limb Petersburg vs Hopewell for the regional championship. Petersburg is 10-2 (1 loss was a buzzer beater to Heritage and the other was to Matoaca after finding out one of they coaches passed) since they lost to Hopewell.
I thought it was just me being Hopewell bias. New Kent press don’t scare you on tape Hopewell will get them out the press by the 2nd. Then if you wanna shoot 3s all night ask Varina where that got them. Hopewell played the worst game Friday against a decent Dale team and won with the role...
After what I seen last night NK doesn’t matchup well with Hopewell especially in the paint. Jordan is the easy answer but I think Spellman wins POY if he played the 2nd half in the blowouts. Then Nick Byrd one of the most poised PGs in the state can handle anything thrown to him
Yea I don’t understand why it’s different from football. Like you can see that strength of schedule is factored in football meanwhile basketball schedule 16 cupcakes and 5 below avg teams and you the 1 seed compared to a team that play murders row
I been waiting all week for this game especially since Hopewell didn’t get to play Petersburg. I think it was good a good game just don’t see NK competing with the top tier class 3 teams.
The only way I see NK pressing the whole game is if they can run with Hopewell or LT. Both teams like to run so I wouldn’t advise it if you don’t have enough dogs. The number 1 thing I’m curious to see is NK living and dying with the 3 ball that won’t be smart ask Varina (4-20) to Hopewell (7/18)
I don’t like it cause New Kent schedule is no where near as tough as Hopewell or Lake Taylor. Give either one of them New Kent schedule they’ll be undefeated also
I also believe they can play with them. Just gone take almost a perfect game to beat them. If they can come out hot and weather that 2nd - 3rd quarter storm JM will be in for a game
Hopewell plays Massaponax. I don’t know much about PONAX this season but Hopewell has started the season very impressive. Hopewell biggest test will be Thursday @John Marshall though