Recent content by DELion

  1. DELion

    Official '26 PSU - Wisconsin game thread

    Helen Keller could see this coming.
  2. DELion

    '26 Week 4 CFB games thread (9/25, /26), excluding PSU

    Texas sacks the Tennessee QB to get a 4th and 29. But unsportsmanlike conduct on Texas because the defender simulated he was taking a piss on the field giving Tennessee a first down.
  3. DELion

    Official '26 PSU - Buffalo game thread

    Loud enough so you can't hear what the replay officials are saying.
  4. DELion

    Official '26 PSU - Buffalo game thread

    PSU 305 total yds 1st half, exactly split between run & pass, 9.2 avg yds/play. Quit your griping.
  5. DELion

    OT: Houston trip

    Always enjoy your trip reports. Looks like you got to see a very exciting game! I travelled to Houston many times for work over the years and it has always been one of my least favorite cities (but admittedly I never really spent any time downtown). That humidity is just unbearable.
  6. DELion

    Thoughts on Temple game?

    Will be at the game - taking the train from Wilmington. I expect a relatively comfortable win but not as much of a cakewalk as the Marshall Game. KC Keeler is a very good coach - played on an FCS national championship team at Delaware and coached both Delaware and Sam Houston State to FCS...
  7. DELion

    Generic CFB Week 1 Games Thread, Sept 3-7

    Lloyd Carr in the replay booth?
  8. DELion

    AKB Tell me about your Sprinter van/camper

    I have 3: road, gravel, mountain. Had a vintage 1980's steel-tubed Trek that I donated a little while ago that was still in great working condition.
  9. DELion

    AKB Tell me about your Sprinter van/camper

    Last week I rode the Delaware & Lehigh Trail out and back from Bristol to the northwest terminus (Black Diamond Trailhead) in the Poconos. Eventually the trail will extend another 20 miles to Wilkes-Barre and it will be the longest rail trail in PA (longer even than the Great Allegheny...
  10. DELion

    AKB Tell me about your Sprinter van/camper

    Here's my recreational vehicle. Just back from a 300 mile bikepacking trip in PA.
  11. DELion

    Book(s) you are currently reading.

    Reading relevant works before making a trip is a laudable approach. I'm not usually disciplined enough to do it - I end up reading works about a place after I've visited. Have a great trip to Greece! The board expects a full report upon your return!
  12. DELion

    81 years ago today... the ultimate FAFO day

    Chemical engineers played a large role in the Manhattan Project. In 1942, the government approached DuPont to assist with the effort. But at the time, there was public sentiment that DuPont was profiteering from wars so the company was reluctant to sign on. They eventually agreed to provide...
  13. DELion

    Book(s) you are currently reading.

    I'm trying to knock out some of the classics. Currently reading Metamorphoses by Ovid. It's written as a collection of narrative poems covering many of the tales from Greek and Roman mythology. It's going to take me a while to get through it.
  14. DELion

    2026 World Cup - General Discussion & Non-USA teams thread

    1 Lionel >>> 3 Lions
  15. DELion

    2026 World Cup - General Discussion & Non-USA teams thread

    Great match. Messi too much for England.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football Matt Rhule makes cameo appearance in HBO's Lanterns finale
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set