Recent content by daryl rl

  1. D

    WARREN 31, PALATINE 24 —- FINAL

    I hope I live long enough to see Palatine win 8A. Or even make the finals. I'd also like to see the Bears in the playoffs again... and beyond. I think I need to work on my health and try to last for another 20+ years.
  2. D

    WARREN 31, PALATINE 24 —- FINAL

    Sad result. Not going to blame it on backup QB, but maybe it was a factor. But if Palatine was for real, they should have won this game.
  3. D

    Daily Herald?

    I emailed them before I posted anything here - no response. It's not worth the fight. It makes me feel a little better about not subscribing any more, but I understand the realities of our changing world.
  4. D

    Daily Herald?

    Last try... DH shows the scores like this (Schaumburg): Antioch 12 - 7 (correct) Elk Grove 21 - 22 (wrong - Schaumburg won, should be 22 - 21) Niles North 21 - 49 (wrong - Schaumburg won, should be 49 - 21) Niles West 21 - 14 (correct) Palatine 28 - 0 (wrong - Palatine won...
  5. D

    Daily Herald?

    The historical method of representing scores at sites like DH was: The left column score is the team I am viewing, the right column is the opponent. Look at DH history, look at IHSA, etc. If it's represented "normally" I don't need the Result column, I can tell by the scores what happened...
  6. D

    Palatine 32 - Barrington 50 F

    Thanks for the updates! I miss the games. Go Pirates!
  7. D

    Palatine 47 Minooka 6 50 seconds 3rd quarter

    This is a better, more balanced, better-coached Palatine team than I have seen since I have been following them (about 20 years). Some of the playoff losses in that period were much closer than the scores indicated, i.e. 1-3 plays were the difference. This team might be able to overcome 1-3...
  8. D

    The Real Question on Sunday

    Smoking some olives (for the 1st time!) as an appetizer. Kinda wish it was my party so I could go crazy. But these friends will not disappoint. Good friends to have.
  9. D

    Off Season Q: Favorite Candy of All Time

    Forgot about those - another major love...
  10. D

    Off Season Q: Favorite Candy of All Time

    Teen years had a SERIOUS thing for Circus Peanuts. Bags would not last even a day. Later jelly beans. Do pretty well now but still love chocolate. Try to stick to the dark stuff!
  11. D

    Tribune: Top 32 IHSA teams of all time....

    From the "Park Ridge Maine East" thread talking about the late Al Eck: "His proudest career highlights included coaching the famed 1965 undefeated, unscored on, championship Palatine High School football team..." I wasn't able to find anything online, but sounds like a damn good team...
  12. D

    Thought on flyers vs mt.carmel

    Bottom line - no whirlpool for the nephew.
  13. D

    Playing college football

    Scroll further down on main page of this forum: https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/threads/what-chicago-area-players-are-starting-in-college.13871/
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football SEC considering restoration of transfer portal policy
  2. 02 College Football Playoff How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
  3. 03 On3 Football Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
  4. 04 On3 Football Upset Alert: Josh Pate reveals concern level for notable Week 6 games
  5. 05 On3 Football Report: South Carolina star Dylan Stewart expected to return from suspension vs. Florida