Recent content by Darkmyst00

  1. D

    Break from Coaching search FSU/Clemson to the SEC in 2026?

    Do you really think UGA, UF, USC and Auburn would vote to add Clemson and Free Shoes U? The only 2 schools I think that would get league wide support for joining the SEC are the University of Non-stop Cheating and Norte Dame.
  2. D

    Its amazing what a well coached team looks like...

    All I know is that I (barrrrrley) won my "no way UConn beats Bama by even half their avg 30 pt victory margin so far in the tournament" bet with my UConn buddy. I was sweating that one out at the end but he has to pay my greens fees next time we play.
  3. D

    Based on resume...who do you hire?

    I don't get the Pearl thing. When you hired Cal there was considerable talk about the NCAA issues in his past, but the overwhelming sentiment then was "we have a great compliance office that will keep him in line". In 2009 you would not have given a guy like Pearl, whose rear view mirror is...
  4. D

    Musselman to USC?

    Spend a month there in the summer where half the time you are there the air you are breathing is brown or orange and you might think differently. If it wasn't for W Va, KY, AL and MS still having high smoking rates Southern Cal would probably be the lung cancer capital of the country.
  5. D

    How well would Geno have done coaching a mens team?

    Summit wasn't old when Geno started at UConn. And there was more than Tennessee. USC, Old Dominion, Auburn and Louisiana Tech were top notch year in and year out back then.
  6. D

    Musselman to USC?

    Arkansas' athletic department has basically been a train wreck since Nutt left in 2008. The whole Petrino thing, the Springfield 3 controversy, and I am blanking on who the BBall coach was that took the job, got off the plane, looked around and realized it was an asylum run by crazies and...
  7. D

    Was it the buyout , or you think Admin was actually not that motivated to can him ?

    I think it is that you AD is basically incompetent and disconnected from reality and was unprepared and does not have that short list of potential next coaches in his desk drawer that every AD should have at all times. Cal was always a bit of an arrogant prick when he was here at Memphis but he...
  8. D

    UConn waaaaaaaaay overdue

    Well coached teams may lay the occasional egg, like having an off shooting night where they cannot hit the side of a barn from the inside, but they rarely choke.
  9. D

    Bob Huggins?

    There is a time I would have said the same about Larry Brown. You never know until you ask.
  10. D

    Realistic coaching replacements for Cal

    Popovich makes twice what Cal is making.
  11. D

    What are you most mad about re Cal?

    Isn't the right answer here "His tone-deaf arrogance."?
  12. D

    How did Cal get into the hall of fame

    I get a lot of Big Blue nation is over Cal but some of you guys... I mean come on, look at what he has accomplished, not just at what people think he should have accomplished.
  13. D

    Gone zaga...

    Gongaga
  14. D

    5 minutes in, Cal aint changing a bit

    Does he? If he cares so much about the kids how come the ones that end up in his dog house never seem to get out? I can't think of any players that once in it, ever got out of his dog house here in Memphis. Have any UK players ever gotten out of it?
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football John Mateer speaks on early season struggles ahead of Red River Rivalry game
  5. 05 On3 Football Todd McShay: Keelon Russell 'on trajectory' to join Andrew Luck as only players with 99 NFL Draft grade