Recent content by DandyDonII

  1. D

    General Golf Thread

    ha ha, working for government had its upside! The pension is nice as well. Just wish my game was anywhere near worthy of the courses I have been fortunate enough to play.
  2. D

    General Golf Thread

    78 for me....Some of these courses are way overrated though.
  3. D

    FC: New James Franklin article in The Athletic.

    you bring up a point that I have also thought of, which is not using Warren on the goal line against OSU. I know the plays were conservative, but let's face it, their defensive talent was much better than our WR talent. I thought the play calls were fine, but Warren should have been involved...
  4. D

    FC: New James Franklin article in The Athletic.

    This is very true. His ultimate issue came down the offensive systems/coordinators he chose. Running an offense that AK was running with a drop back passer was idiotic. That should have never happened.
  5. D

    40 Years Ago Today Challenger Exploded - Where were you?

    playing hooky from school with my dad and sister and Squaw Valley. Learned of it on a gonola.
  6. D

    Hollow MNC

    the employee-employer relationship requires a lot of hoop jumping, worker's comp for one.
  7. D

    Hollow MNC

    you are correct from a legal standpoint. However, I was replying to the guy who replied to you....He was talking more about the emotional standpoint about supporting CFB etc (at least that's the way I read it). The employee distinction is the biggest reason why schools don't want to pay the...
  8. D

    Hollow MNC

    I don't think the amateur/professional distinction matters. However, for long time PSU fans, it was a thing of honor to compete with guys who got their educations here. I know in many places, the education was an after thought, but at least you got to watch guys who chose your school and...
  9. D

    Hollow MNC

    basically like AAU now.
  10. D

    Hollow MNC

    you mean winning the National Championships with guys who went to class.....
  11. D

    Black Monday

    true, but also underscores that taking a RB in the top 10 isn't the best idea if winning is the goal.
  12. D

    Black Monday

    that trade was bad at the time, was basing that trade off of a half season of Jones, and the hot start was already showing signs of slowing.
  13. D

    Black Monday

    this!!! wasting a top 5 pick on Richardson is reason enough, and then wasting two firsts on a trade for Sauce....
  14. D

    Did Drew Allar record and leak convo?

    yeah, as bad as PK was, I think he event understood the limitations with Campbell.
  15. D

    Did Drew Allar record and leak convo?

    Getting Campbell allowed Kraft to save face nationally, Campbell has a great publicity team. I hope Campbell does well, but if I had to place a wager, I say Terry Smith is HC on an interim level by year 4...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
  2. 02 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  3. 03 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  4. 04 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big 12 football team after Week 5
  5. 05 On3 Football Report: President Donald Trump still plans to attend Georgia-Alabama game despite Tropical Storm Isaias