Recent content by cwobrien11

  1. cwobrien11

    Askren

    I've gotta believe that the only reason he even competed in that was so that he could leave his shoes on the mat. It gave him a chance to go out on his own terms.
  2. cwobrien11

    Ferrari rumor

    Then maybe a Flo documentary series. Regardless, it will be an interesting watch.
  3. cwobrien11

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    I fully believe that the NCAA fully intends to get completely out of the waiver game. Waivers were a way that they could manage exceptions...but it's hard to create uniform standards when the entire process exists to manage things that are by definition unique. Even with guidance, no two cases...
  4. cwobrien11

    Ferrari rumor

    The eventual 30 for 30 on his career is going to be pretty epic. Definitely popcorn worthy.
  5. cwobrien11

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    I think the parents that are sharp enough to read/interpret the rules or those that have the foresight to look ahead probably will. It's the others that won't and they will be the ones that will make the big stink.
  6. cwobrien11

    Ferrari rumor

    Whether the accusations end up accurate or not, I think I can confidently say that AJ's collegiate wrestling career is (and should be) over. Everyone that has given him a chance in college has effectively gotten burned. Even if there is a program out there that needs a 197 pounder, there isn't...
  7. cwobrien11

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    It is inevitable. Somewhere there is a kid in middle school or early high school who started school late and/or got held back at some point to make him more physically mature. He will start his senior year of high school as a 19 year old and the clock will have started on his NCAA eligibility...
  8. cwobrien11

    Jordan Williams U23 Spot - 149 ?

    I'm not sure if WIlliams can get down to 149, but I've been hoping that they would bump Block up since midway through the B10 schedule. I think he's been fighting against his body's natural growth in order to stay at 149...at his height, it's going to be a challenge to continue to make that cut...
  9. cwobrien11

    Spencer in CR today?

    At least 3. It's the IC/CR corridor.
  10. cwobrien11

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    I think the rule will hold up long term, especially since they put an either/or rule in place for incoming freshmen. I do think there is a possibility that there could be a very specific, narrowly scoped injunction in place for the 2026-27 academic calendar year though. If it were to happen...
  11. cwobrien11

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    I'm pretty sure that's off slightly. I'll try to find the link to it. The age based is just part of the equation. Unless it changed between the time I saw the final proposal and the time they actually voted on it, there was a high school graduation requirement as well. It was an either/or...
  12. cwobrien11

    Forget Cal Poly - When Does Nelson Brands Sue to Get His Eligibility Back?

    I'm late to this party...so sorry for the late quote bump. I have no idea what this particular judge was thinking. The judge basically rewrote 100 years of Texas legal precedent by intervening in an organization with voluntary membership. The Texas judiciary has gone out of their way to not...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football SEC considering restoration of transfer portal policy
  2. 02 College Football Playoff How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
  3. 03 On3 Football Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
  4. 04 On3 Football Upset Alert: Josh Pate reveals concern level for notable Week 6 games
  5. 05 On3 Football Report: South Carolina star Dylan Stewart expected to return from suspension vs. Florida