Recent content by CriticalObserver

  1. C

    Takeaways

    That's what it looked like to me. No way to really tell. This is one example of why I seldom criticize coaches unless it's obvious. Play calling is not obvious very often. So even in the situations above, one needs to take that obvious defensive weak spot, and weigh that against an observation...
  2. C

    Takeaways

    It's pretty simple. We were running the ball when everyone knew we'd be running. Their safety cheated every play. We ran on third and medium, and I believe third and long. Twice and once I believe, maybe more. We could have thrown over the top, and that would probably have gone for a TD. I...
  3. C

    Takeaways

    I meant Fitz and I meant Ferentz with respect to play calling. I see no useful purpose in referencing Frost, except to point out certain differences in discipline, culture, etc. The play calling and styles of Fitz and Ferentz are often similar, and a much better comparison. Maybe you...
  4. C

    Takeaways

    We're going to disagree, and it isn't, and shouldn't be taken as a slam on Northwestern players. Nebraska had more players, with more natural talent on the field yesterday, and it's been this way for several years, and not just against Northwestern. Northwestern and other teams take kids with...
  5. C

    Takeaways

    Yeah, I need to see what NW does against a real defense. I'm not dissatisfied with what I witnessed, but yesterday's game isn't the best way to learn what we have. And no one can answer how it develops. It depends how you define talent. Pure athletic ability? Nebraska, and it isn't close...
  6. C

    Takeaways

    The game was a true representation of how Northwestern wins with 60 minutes of effort and how Nebraska loses games by not playing complete games. Akers is very good, this is not unimportant. Fitz made Ferentz look like a riverboat gambler. First (meaningful) blitz was called due to formation...
  7. C

    Ivy League Expansion

    As if other B1G schools don't have "true academic priorities".
  8. C

    stadium--any news

    What's this about?
  9. C

    stadium--any news

    Thanks for this well thought out and factual response. You have some interesting observations, and apparently have an audience and connections that most do not have.
  10. C

    stadium--any news

    eta, that lack of security and scene on the field last year was an embarrassment to anyone who claims to have graduated from and love the institution of Northwestern.
  11. C

    stadium--any news

    Based on the B1G AAU accreditations, and research, wouldn't you have to agree all B1G schools, yes even tOSU and Michigan, are academic institutions first? I think the answer is pretty clear regarding academics. What isn't clear is why my beloved Northwestern, in one of the "wealthiest" and...
  12. C

    stadium--any news

    The point is that Iowa fans donate, and donate fairly large as compared to a University with out endowment, our alumni base, and our supposed "enlightenment."
  13. C

    stadium--any news

    The answer in money, probably less so at Northwestern, but still largely money. It is what it is. Large metro areas are pro sports areas, not college sports areas. And if there is a college team in Chicagoland, we have competition. All this said, the results have been remarkable given the...
  14. C

    stadium--any news

    Possibly true. But we could have and could avoid a lot of this by increasing donor levels. No reason to have any level below an annual contribution of $500 minimum to sit between the 40's. This s Northwestern. This is Chicago. This isn't Iowa where they routinely give well over these amounts...
  15. C

    stadium--any news

    Hopefully not.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football Report: West Virginia commitment Chris Wilson killed in Indiana shooting
  5. 05 On3 Football SEC names Football Players of the Week after Week 5