Recent content by Cousin Jeffrey

  1. C

    Looks like a 24-team playoff bracket is happening

    Looks like a triple bye. The top 4 could play a team that has had to win 3 games to get there. Just absurd. I don't like semifinals on campus, either.
  2. C

    Alabama cheat?? You have no idea.

    That his mom paid for within the same day.
  3. C

    10 Most Beautiful College Campuses in America

    I was in Champaign a few years ago for business. I decided to drive around the Illinois campus. I will acknowledge the possibility that I didn't see the right parts of campus, it was a bad time of year, whatever... But I was not particularly impressed.
  4. C

    Sweeney and gambling

    I'm not an idiot, and I enjoy keeping my money, so... Neither. None. Never. No. Zero. No. Zero. None.
  5. C

    RIP, Dolly Parton…

    I have two kids and we have a bookshelf full of books from Imagination Library. Years later, my kids absolutely love reading to the point I have to tell them (often multiple times) to turn off their lights and go to sleep.
  6. C

    SEC makes a statement on professional athletes before two day conference meeting...

    Are they not already professional athletes? They are, in fact, getting paid to play football (or whatever sport). It just happens that they are doing so while attending a school. Why should someone who has remaining college eligibility (whatever that means, anymore) not be allowed to come back...
  7. C

    OT: Total top 50 tax burden.....

    I want to see their numbers. I live in Texas, and I can assure you that I pay more than 1.74% of my household income on property taxes.
  8. C

    Retirement question

    Ramsey's logic is terribly flawed. He is assuming a uniform 12% rate of return. So if inflation is a uniform 4%, you can take out 8% without ever touching the principal. 12% is an awfully high return assumption to make for planning purposes. And assuming anything is uniform is just dumb. He's...
  9. C

    CWS … When did re-seeding cease and …

    It changed with the current format back in 1999. Prior to that, the 8 regional winners were seeded for the CWS (this was back in the 6-team regional days). The last CWS in that format, all three remaining SEC teams were put on the same side of the bracket (us, Florida, and LSU).
  10. C

    Softball WCWS: We played the 2 teams in the finals

    This can only happen in the WCWS (teams who start on the same side of the bracket meeting each other in the final). Unlike the CWS, teams switch sides of the bracket. The loser of the first winner's bracket game switches to the other side.
  11. C

    Up to 10th in RPI without playing

    According to Boyd's World's RPI Needs Report, that would likely put is in the RPI top 8 (this is also assuming we beat Nicholls next week). Top 8: 0 home wins, 6 road wins 1 home wins, 5 road wins 2 home wins, 3 road wins 3 home wins, 2 road wins 4 home wins, 1 road wins
  12. C

    We are back in the PEARanalytics Trapezoid of Excellemce

    Ackchyually.... A "kill shot" is when you score 2+ runs in an inning and your opponent doesn't score in the same inning. Although I like your definition better (scoring 2+ and then not allowing a response). That always "felt" like more of a momentum swing.
  13. C

    OT: Red lights lately

    Don't be nice. Be predictable.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football 2026 college football rankings: Danny Kanell releases top 12 after Week 5
  5. 05 On3 Football 'Holy crap': Texas Tech fans stumbled onto Colorado's play sheet. Then the Buffs ran it.