Recent content by cofcgamecock9

  1. C

    Looking over the football schedule

    When is the last time SC has "beaten a team they have no business beating?" Three years ago? It certainly didn't happen last year.
  2. C

    If Beamer fails to meet expectation and is let go

    Not so. Doesn't work that way. If SC doesn't win 6 games this year and go to a bowl he is gone. Absolutely zero percent chance any SEC school would bring back any coach that went 4-8 and then followed it up with 5-8 or worse. (even Vanderbilt probably now). Same reason Will Muschamp didn't...
  3. C

    Spurrier team passing pockets vs last year (with pictures).. LaNorris didn't have a chance.

    Maybe so.. But I am telling you right now he didn't have ANY pockets like the ones in those pictures. They simply weren't there and weren't going to be there whether he stepped up, polka danced, or did a handstand. Look at those pictures. I would challenge you to find any game against a SEC...
  4. C

    Spurrier team passing pockets vs last year (with pictures).. LaNorris didn't have a chance.

    I went down a bit of a rabbit hole tonight after listening to GA Mangus on a podcast talking about Connor Shaw. Just to go down memory lane I decided to look up some of Connor's highlights. My intention wasn't to directly compare anything to the current SC teams. But watching some highlight...
  5. C

    Why I think Beamer hired Briles (or someone like him)

    I record all of the SC games although I never really re-watch the ones that SC loses. But I was trying to fall asleep last night and figured that may help. haha. So I went back and sort of fast forwarded through the end of the A&M, Bama, and other games we lost. I guarantee you we lose at...
  6. C

    "Production over Potential." - Cignetti

    In a recent interview, Cignetti says that his biggest mantra for coaching is "Production over Potential." In another interview, coaches that coach under him said that they hear this from him over and over. I am a Beamer fan. I really do hope he turns it around. It would be a great story for...
  7. C

    SC isn't the only team with bad coaching.....

    Yes, I know Ole Miss made the semifinals of the CFP and SC went 4-8. So my point isn't literal. But for anyone who watched the end of the Ole Miss Miami game, you had to notice that Ole Miss only rushed 3 and 4 (mostly 3) on the ENTIRE final scoring drive by Miami. Not a single attempt to...
  8. C

    So...

    I didn't think about it until someone mentioned it but I think a lot of the announcing a return has to do with the agents and the fact that agents now get a commission just for a player to come back to school for another year. Now I am not saying that the announcement has to be done for the...
  9. C

    Not impressed with first OL pickup...

    Oh man, no wonder when I showed up this morning I couldn't get into the building. But I will say this Anon.... You don't have to be part of the staff to know that offensive line sucked this year. I can tell you that.
  10. C

    Not impressed with first OL pickup...

    Definitely more impressed with the second OL pick up of the day!.
  11. C

    Not impressed with first OL pickup...

    Gotta call it like I see it. Impressed with a lot Beamer has done during talking season. So far things have gone really good after a 4-8 season. But this pick up doesn't do much to think we are upgrading the OL. #32 ranked IOL in the transfer portal. This is the guy's 4th school. That is a...
  12. C

    Are we "behind" in portal pick ups?

    So far we only have one portal commitment. That is from an Oklahoma WR that hadn't played in two years. Should we have more "commitments" by now? I truly don't know. I don't know where other schools stand as I don't follow it too closely. I just know that SC only has the one commitment so far.
  13. C

    4500 players currently in transfer portal..

    Agree with this completely.
  14. C

    4500 players currently in transfer portal..

    I think this is all true.. But that isn't what most (or at least many) or doing. One of the key things you said is "get a free education". Education is no longer really a parr of the equation. When you transfer 3 or 4 times in four years, you probably aren't graduating and you definitely...
  15. C

    4500 players currently in transfer portal..

    Great point... How many actually end up signing for worse deals? We already all know of one situation..... with Nico Iamaleava at Tennessee. He certainly lost money going into the portal. I am guessing it happens a lot.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  2. 02 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting DJ Tubbs sets multiple game-day visits and SEC program could be separating
  5. 05 On3 NIL Jim Phillips: ACC does not have 'unanimity' on Protect College Sports Act