Recent content by cjr1310

  1. C

    Honest Question about Jordan Williams

    I also think Bassett is going to be really good but signs were also pointing to Chittum being really good all the way through his gray shirt year at Iowa.
  2. C

    Next Years Lineup

    The academic year after you turn 16 with parental permission or 18 without parental permission.
  3. C

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    Iowa passed legislation in 1953 that all districts must offer a full K-12 program. Kindergarten is not compulsory but students have to enroll in school by age 6 and if they do not attend kindergarten they must test into the first grade level.
  4. C

    Ferrari rumor

    He had an @uiowa.edu email address prior to the double birds incident. I’m not certain but I would bet that he would have been enrolled at Iowa for the spring semester had the double birds not happened.
  5. C

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    I suppose from a roster flexibility standpoint there’s some additional value in that you could delay enrollment by a year or 2 but that’s all I can see. Everything still has to fit together roster wise to get 5 years of competition so I think the additional value is minimal.
  6. C

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    This varies state by state but your situation is very rare. In Iowa you would have had to skip a grade as you must be 5 by September 15th to enter kindergarten.
  7. C

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    Per the release from the NCAA hardship waivers for athletes that would currently be eligible must be submitted by the end of July. I would take that to mean that those who may qualify for a medical redshirt could still possibly get one but future medicals and Olympic redshirts are off the table...
  8. C

    Five in Five - What Might That Look Like?

    If he were to gray shirt he wouldn’t be entering college in the fall of 26 so I don’t think he would get a choice of which rules to follow. He would be entering in the fall of 27 which means new rules apply which mean his clock starts when graduating high school.
  9. C

    Senior World Team Trials

    He made a world team 11 months ago.
  10. C

    2028 Recruiting

    This might be a situation where her dad has marketed her as something beyond her abilities. I don’t think Iowa has offered and there are questions as to whether she has offers from several of the schools in her top 10.
  11. C

    PREVIEW: Iowa wrestling sends 41 athletes to US Open

    Bo’s birthday is in August. He’ll be a whole two months older than Ludington was when starting college.
  12. C

    Well now it be ON like Donkey KONG!!!

    F1 student visas limit international students to a max of 20 hours of work a week at their college/university or in a job directly related to their major. The vast majority who do work are employed by their college because finding a job as an under grad student directly related to your major is...
  13. C

    Coaching Staff Next Year

    Obvious @vhsalum knows this. He was his favorite coach while he was wrestling for Iowa. *Sorry, I think these jokes are a little played out but that was just hanging there and I couldn’t resist.
  14. C

    Portal April 1st

    In wrestling I would consider 42 overall a mid-level recruit as well, especially for a top-tier program.
  15. C

    Portal April 1st

    That’s probably all true, just pointing out that top 10 guys aren’t and shouldn’t be labeled mid-level. Penn State has done a great job of identifying the right guys and developing them.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
  2. 02 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  3. 03 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  4. 04 On3 Football Dylan Stewart not listed on South Carolina vs. Florida Wednesday availability report
  5. 05 On3 Football Oklahoma OT Michael Fasusi listed as doubtful on SEC injury report ahead of Texas