You can wrap some bricks in foil and place them on the edges of the smoker. Place the brisket with each end on a brick so it folds up. Eventually it will shrink and fit fine. I’ve done this before with no problems.
Your idea would probably work just as well. I’ve just never done it that way.
Check out Western River Expeditions. Wife and I did a four day raft a few years ago. All meals included and you travel on j-rigs. Each night you set up camp on a beach while the guides cook dinner. The last day you finish out the canyon on a jet boat. It's not the most intense rafting, but it...
Sanctuary Cap Cana in Punta Cana. Honeymooned there about two years ago. If you like seclusion get a suite in the castle area of the resort. The castle has a rooftop pool and bar that was always empty. We got the honeymoon suite in the castle with a plunge pool. Never really used the plunge...