Recent content by CCIce10

  1. C

    Loyola (7-0) @ ICCP (7-0)

    I haven't been following them closely enough to know that is what they have done or been doing. It is a very interesting way to develop your mid tier talent by putting them in the baptism of fire to motivate their best play. Great educational technique rather than merely using the top of the...
  2. C

    Morris?

    From what I saw of the Morris team a couple weeks ago, I'd say that they should play whoever they get in the playoffs and see what happens. I'd take my chances on them no matter who they play in 4A or even 5A. The O line and the D line both looked very good to me. When the big guys look good...
  3. C

    ICE Week 3

    I wouldn't take Lisle lightly. But that being said, depth is a problem. Sweltering nights aren't very kind to them.
  4. C

    ICE Week 2

    Enough for the IHSA to justify the idea.
  5. C

    Sherrard Cancels Remainder of Varsity Season

    50 years ago i suffered from mono. I would rather have gotten hit by three 300pounders and then Dick Butkus to finish me off. Tried to comeback to my physical job a week early after six weeks off, because I felt fairly decent. Pushing your recovery too quickly can lead to a lifetime of heart...
  6. C

    Week 2 Top Games Across the State

    To win the game. I thought that was the reason in Illinois High School Football, College and the NFL games as well. The sheer joy of playing the game is supposed to be supplanted by only looking for a chance to win a championship?
  7. C

    What’s with all the cramping??

    It seems that all of us old folks know about the merits of pickle juice and it remains a secret to the younguns.
  8. C

    ICE Week 2

    I didn't get back to Pontiac for the second session of the game. My impression before the lightning strike was that the Coaler staff has plenty to work on this week to prepare for Morris. It is always said that the biggest improvements generally take place between week 1 and week 2. Here's...
  9. C

    Class warfare

    Thad Matta, the former basketball head coach at Ohio State who also has the most wins at that school and now the head at Butler was born and raised in Hoopeston and played basketball for the Corn Jerkers. "Hoopsville" might just be a compliment to that school because of him. I've always...
  10. C

    Bears

    Any suitable response to this would send me into a perceived and most probably political setting and I am not going to go there so as to preserve the wishes of keeping politics off the board. But you do make a necessary point about self ownership which does need to be discussed in the context...
  11. C

    Bears

    Look at this from a purely financial perspective and remove your prejudice that the "Bears belong in Chicago". The Bears have stated that they want a new stadium before their lease expires at Soldier Field in 2033. The Bears bought property in AH in February of 2023. They tore down the unused...
  12. C

    Seneca and Sandwich to the ICE (ICT?)

    I think Seneca will be just fine in conference play. They've made the quarterfinals the last 4 years and even beat Wilmo in regular season in one of those years. They were a solid program at the end of the last millennium and they've seemed to have picked it back up to that level once again...
  13. C

    N/M

    Other than singing "Louie, Louie" what have Kingsmen ever done? Especially in Joliet?
  14. C

    Anyone watch the FCS championship game last night?

    That one yard was no guarantee either. I've seen a lot of games this year with that disappointment now living in someone's nightmares
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 5
  5. 05 On3 Football Arkansas booster John Tyson on difference from Cody Campbell: 'He's got oil, I've got chickens'