Recent content by Catch-22

  1. Catch-22

    MSL West Whaaaa???

    Wow! I chose Northwestern on TV instead of Palatine @ Schaumburg. All the talk of how “amazing” this teeny little stadium is makes me want to slam my head into a brick wall. I should’ve touched grass tonight. But, but, but…. the students are STANDING! 🙄
  2. Catch-22

    If the Playoffs began this Friday. Class by Class Brackets

    The guy who used to do this every week accounted for that and pulled the 3rd place teams out of the Outlook.
  3. Catch-22

    Week VII CCL Pick 'Em

    Mt. Carmel (-30.5) Brother Rice (-28.5) Carmel (+17.5) Loyola (-27.5) St. Rita (-39.5) Nazareth (-41.5) Montini (-41.5) St. Francis (-35.5) St. Pats (+12.5) Marmion (+28.5) DePaul (+12.5) Benet (+34.5)
  4. Catch-22

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    I think if you recover two onsides, convert two 2-point-conversions, pickup a crucial 3rd-and 20, and then force a punt when it matters, you can’t call it gift-wrapped for Rita. To me, that sounds like a solid 2nd half game plan and excellent execution. Kudos to the Mustangs. Frustrated...
  5. Catch-22

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    I wasn’t there Wassup, and I didn’t hear that he got hurt. My sister and nephew went. She would miss something like that. I stayed home with the fam so I can go out tomorrow night. lol.
  6. Catch-22

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    The Daily Herald covered it, so I’m sure that reporter will post the stats at some point. From the texts I was getting, sounds like it was a whole lot. Lol.
  7. Catch-22

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    I’m with you, Louie. They have a lot of nice players, but they’re not as deep as they were the last two years and the defense is definitely not what it was. Specials have been driving me crazy for five years watching these guys. And the little QC stuff like punting with two minutes left...
  8. Catch-22

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    No magic this time. Thriller in Lombard, and a great comeback by Rita.
  9. Catch-22

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    Down 1 with 3 minutes to go has been Izzy time for the last 2+ seasons. Let’s see if he can do it again. I should’ve walked over an hour ago.
  10. Catch-22

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    My sister in the bleachers and the DH reporter on Twitter both say the Montini D is gassed. Rita recovered 2 consecutive onside kicks. 18-0 run for the Mustangs.
  11. Catch-22

    St. Rita 39 at Montini 38 Final

    I’m definitely a homer Louie, and I’ve attended 3 times this year…. We hold a lot. I’m not there tonight. Listening to the halftime booms from 6 blocks away. But my guess is that we’re probably holding.
  12. Catch-22

    CCL Week VI Pick 'Em

    The struggle keeps churning down the lonely highway. Mt Carmel (-6.5) Loyola (-27.5) Montini (+7.5) St. Francis (+17.5) Providence (+6.5) St. Ignatius (-17.5) Benet (-20.5) St. Patrick (+2.5) Leo (-31.5) St. Viator (-3.5) Joliet Catholic (-22.5) Immaculate Conception (-21.5)
  13. Catch-22

    Montini Carmel Score??

    My nephew just stopped by (Montini FB Class of ‘26). He said Montini was forced to punt very late, so Carmel had it with a chance to tie or steal a win with a TD plus 2. But they had no timeouts and ultimately ran out of time. 42-35 Final
  14. Catch-22

    Montini Carmel Score??

    His chicken thighs with the Tajin though…. I’ll find room for a few of those.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Greg McElroy: Keelon Russell 'might be the best quarterback in the country by season's end'
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Five-Star Plus+ WR Easton Royal says upcoming visits are 'final piece' to decision