If you think it has been quiet then you haven't been paying attention. Bayside lost several high profile players to Bishop Sullivan and IMG. Several other schools had kids transfer to Bishop also. Kids have been putting up their "commitments" on twitter all spring.
If I remember correctly Hickory lost its basketball coach right before the season last year and the head football coach offered to jump in and help. How about we applaud someone for looking out for the kids and get the whole story before trying to throw someone under the bus.
They still have talent but lost A TON of players. Beach is going to be wide open at the top this year. I really think that D5 is going to be tough in the 757. Lots of really good teams.
1) refer to the above articles from the pilot- the TCIS was very clear that they will not allow Bishop to have players reclass if they plan on staying part of the TCIS.
2) As always recruiting is hard to prove. Would like to see if anyone has the transcript of Eric Crosby's interview on ESPN...
The listed cost about $13,500. There is financial aid and "scholarships" available. Not sure how that is going to work out over the long haul. I wonder what happens when Player A goes to Bishop and is paying $$ and does not get the playing time that he and his parents, advisers, etc. think that...
I know that Bishop Sullivan was trying to play them but Oscar Smith said no. Bishop people were all over social media talking about Smith ducking them. I can't imagine why a public school would ever even considered playing a school that is actively recruiting (see Eric Crosby's comments from...
Maybe someone can clarify but I thought that Bishop Sullivan was staying in the TCIS for all there other sports but football. Unless something has changed since the Pilot wrote this article I don't see how they can reclassify athletes...
It's not like anyone had to dig very deep. When you advertise yourself and promote Middle School players that are not zoned for your team as future players on that team then it makes it easy. Read the actual infractions listed, it didn't take a lot of digging to find dirt. Also ironic that a...