Recent content by Captain Coy

  1. Captain Coy

    Is this true? (Regarding basketball injuries)

    I don't know about Cal's teams being in the best shape either. That being said the weight room is absolutely essential to prevent injuries and to increase athletic performance. Lean muscle mass is directly correlated with athletic performance, which is rather obvious, but needs to be said.
  2. Captain Coy

    What is the latest on Lewis Uvwo?

    Duke has the largest war chest in college basketball. UConn is a little bit different, they don’t quite have the money. In fact St John’s is more of a threat financially.
  3. Captain Coy

    What is the latest on Lewis Uvwo?

    Rumor has it that we have offered more than BYU, or Duke. His camp was adamant about taking all of his visits. Pope pushed very hard for commitment when he was here. So there doesn’t seem to be a commitment until he completes all of his visits.
  4. Captain Coy

    I feel sorry for the guys who give updates on UK high school recruiting.

    I was talking about last year’s team being a team of 6th men. This year we don’t have the issue. I really didn’t like last years roster construction, I think it was an over reaction to the defensive issues the prior year mixed with injuries. This year is much better on paper than last years...
  5. Captain Coy

    Duke's Roster

    The reason elite prospects choose Duke is because Duke has the highest roster budget in the country and it’s not even close. Everyone was talking about UK’s 21M roster last year, at least a dozen teams were within 5M of it, and I’d venture to say that there might have been a couple that had...
  6. Captain Coy

    Comparison: Mark Pope vs Scott Drew over the past two (2) seasons

    Shertz is absolutely legit. The dude is a superstar in the making. They run phenomenal stuff. People talking about Pearl are smoking crack, I mean the dude literally retired the next year. Plus he’s always been a Calipari-lite. Why get rid of Cal for Pearl? I think we should thank Scott Drew for...
  7. Captain Coy

    I feel sorry for the guys who give updates on UK high school recruiting.

    Ryan Hampton has a lot of upside. He’s long, and athletic, he’s not a finished product and I don’t think he will be a major contributor in year one. I do worry about Pope’s High School recruiting but if there was a year to miss on a bunch of guys this past year was it. This upcoming freshmen...
  8. Captain Coy

    What’s up with LSU?

    Ole Miss wins on defense. Chambliss has to be the best QB in the country.
  9. Captain Coy

    ******Official UK vs TAMU Game Thread FB Edition*****

    I’ve never lost money betting against UK football. I was hoping Will Stein would change that.
  10. Captain Coy

    This is the guy

    His wife is Mid, but I guess for him she’s pretty good. I like him though. Providence has money and they were willing to spend which is important. Big East doesn’t have to spend on football so they can actually overachieve when it comes to spending
  11. Captain Coy

    Kansas’ Darryn Peterson overdosed on Creatine this year

    Creatine does not cause dehydration issues. It’s a myth that has been proven false. There is enough evidence now that has disproven this myth. We need to move on. Darryn Peterson is not telling the truth and it’s obvious. He is trying to avoid the questions why he wasn’t playing and this is a...
  12. Captain Coy

    Kansas’ Darryn Peterson overdosed on Creatine this year

    Creatine is both 100% a performance enhancer, and 100% legal. Every athlete in the country is doing themselves a disservice for not using it. In fact women see larger gains than men. That being said, Darryn Peterson obviously didn’t want to play and he was sitting out and is now using that...
  13. Captain Coy

    Kansas’ Darryn Peterson overdosed on Creatine this year

    I call BS, the amount of creatine he must have been taking was astronomical. Chances are it was something else. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18184753/
  14. Captain Coy

    NIL Spenders Per Sean Miller

    Yeah, the amount of money this offseason is insane. That’s what I keep trying to tell people. UK doesn’t have the money people think.
  15. Captain Coy

    Please, without being nasty, explain to me why our recruiting efforts are almost beyond belief ?

    It’s dollars and cents man. Duke is paying a High School student two years away from college more than we were willing to pay Collin Chandler next year. The amount of money we have is overrated. I don’t think people will be able to compete with the richest schools from now on.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
  2. 02 On3 Football Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
  3. 03 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 1 WR Easton Royal on decision: “It will be soon” — where things stand with Texas, LSU and Florida
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Texas adds commitment from blue-chip running back Micah Rhodes