Recent content by bulletproof90

  1. B

    After loss to Hawks, Michigan drops out of AP Top 25

    “After loss to Hawks, OSU falls to 21.” “Iowa moves up to 10.” It’s going to be tough sledding, boys, for those of us without poll inertia and not from the SEC.
  2. B

    Odds you had us scoring on that Final play

    I was giving it about a 20% chance in my mind. Which was amazing because from the moment we decided to go for the FG until after the second-to-last play I wasn't giving us more than like a 5% chance. I initially thought Vander Zee was too far out of bounds to have gotten his foot down, but...
  3. B

    10-2 should NOW be the goal / hope for IOWA fans

    10-2 most likely gets us into the playoffs, right?
  4. B

    Iowa-Michigan Prediction Thread

    Going out a limb and predicting that we win this one big, by 20+. We're the superior team in this matchup and it will be evident by the end of the day. This will be the win to avenge all of the humiliation at the hands of a cheating Michigan in those Big Ten championship games.
  5. B

    Black Out Alternate Uniforms Confirmed for Cy-Hawk

    We really do need to wear red and yellow against them someday.
  6. B

    “This team has something”

    You have a point but I am absolutely not signing up for losing in heartbreaking fashion in multiple big games like that again. Last season was entertaining but ultimately brutal.
  7. B

    Iowa -11.5 vs Iowa State

    ISU athletics are spiraling down the drain. Kirk doesn’t have many more of these games left. Iowa by at least 30.
  8. B

    College basketball free agency in full swing.

    Or maybe not even a headline at all; it would just be assumed. Imagine being told 15 years ago that this was going to be the future of college athletics. I probably would've given up on it, but I guess the transition to this point has been gradual enough that I'm still begrudgingly, though less...
  9. B

    *****2026-27 Transfer Portal News*****

    I think the tale on Deal transferring is obvious when you look at the box score of our last game: 4 minutes played to Stremlow’s 49. Now, Stremlow was objectively better down the stretch and earned the staring role. But it’s easy to see why Deal may have felt aggrieved. And with most of our...
  10. B

    *****Virginia vs Iowa NCAAT Game Thread*****

    Don’t understand wanting to pin this on Jensen when we shot that poorly. Team was mentally broken after the UCLA beatdown and evidently couldn’t recover. Maybe a master motivator could have gotten the team confident again but I have a hard time calling this mostly a problem of poor coaching.
  11. B

    *****Iowa vs Florida NCAAT Game Thread*****

    Only needed him to make just a single one of those threes to be honest. That’s what hurts.
  12. B

    *****FDU vs Iowa NCAAT Game Thread*****

    I’d normally be one to say the same thing but this was almost an unprecedented, monumental, unfathomable upset, the type that NEVER happens in the sport of women’s college basketball, which has zero parity. There cannot be an overreaction to this result. At least this once.
  13. B

    ESPN Bracketology (as of Mar 14): IOWA projected as a 9 Seed. Bracket Matrix (as of Mar 13) has IOWA as a 9 seed (consensus of 121 bracketologists)

    I don't know if this is the year to perseverate about the 8/9 spot. The 1 seeds don't strike much more fear in me than the 2 seeds do.
  14. B

    Top 16 Seeds Reveal

    Would they do the same for Vandy though, not putting them in with Texas? If we go “par” and lose to UCLA in the title game, I could see us getting the 2 opposite Texas. Dangerous thing though is the potential matchup with Michigan. If Michigan wins, recency bias is almost certainly going to...
  15. B

    *****Illinois vs Iowa Game Thread*****

    As long as the refs stop calling blocks charges and Illinois misses a damn three pointer, we’ve got this.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football After Florida State's blowout loss at Louisville, this finally feels like the end for Mike Norvell
  2. 02 On3 Football Kirby Smart has done just about everything there is to do in college football with one crimson-coated exception
  3. 03 On3 Football UCLA is learning why Bob Chesney has won throughout his career
  4. 04 On3 Football Washington QB Demond Williams leaves game vs. Iowa with injury, Elijah Brown enters
  5. 05 On3 Football Kansas vs. Utah kickoff time moved up due to inclement weather forecast