Recent content by Buff-alo

  1. B

    State Track this year

    I’m not opposed to a 3 day or a different format. Serious consideration needs to be given to the schedule and the amount of rest being given to the athletes. State was nothing like a “regular” season meet as some have suggested. It was run way faster with fewer heats in the 4 day format...
  2. B

    State Track this year

    Rest was horrible for the kids on both days. On Saturday my 400 girl only got the boys 400m, girls 1600 and boys 1600 before having to go in the 300 hurdle finals. I think it ended up being approximately 25 minutes of rest. On a “normal” Finals Saturday she would have had a couple hours to...
  3. B

    Head Football Changes

    He is an Elementary Principal, looking to move up to a Superintendent position.
  4. B

    Lincoln Christian

    Three? Looked like 5 or 6...
  5. B

    Football Nebraska High School Football Signees

    Official Today (Feb. 5): Wakefield Justin Erb (Iowa Western CC) Blake Brown (Morningside) Rylan Weaver (Midland) Nick Arenas (Dakota Wesleyan)
  6. B

    Football Where do you prefer state championship games to be played?

    I totally agree.... I bet there were a lot of disappointed kids (especially Seniors) how had been working hard all year to make it to that game. Yes a State Title game is a State Title game, I get that. They kids still played hard and there were still great games with good atmospheres...
  7. B

    Football Where do you prefer state championship games to be played?

    Agree with NUT... I bet 90+ percent of kids would vote for Memorial Stadium.
  8. B

    Basketball schedules

    I think one thing that possibly leaves open dates is finding games that don’t hurt your power points. You might have someone right down the road that you never play, but they only consistently win 0 to 4 games every single year and you have a solid program year in and year out. Is that game...
  9. B

    Football Where do you prefer state championship games to be played?

    Lucky to have been an assistant in a couple state title games and I know for a fact the boys on those teams and myself would not trade those experiences at Memorial Stadium for an opportunity to play on our home field in front of our fans. Memorial Stadium is special and a great destination at...
  10. B

    8-Man Championship Finals Predictions

    DCS vs. Burwell was one of the best D-1 games I’ve seen in a long damn time. Hats off to the two best teams in D-1.
  11. B

    Iowa 8-Man Play-off Score

  12. B

    Scores from Thursday Night Eight Man first round of playoffs

    Nope... they beat my Wakefield team in the 2012 C-2 Playoffs.
  13. B

    D1 Reseeding Round Projection (just for fun)

    That makes too much sense 👆, no way in the heck we'd ever use it.
  14. B

    8 man cutoff

    NUT you are a true debater. Only you could turn this into an argument about Husker Harvest Days. Tip my cap and kudos to you! 😂
  15. B

    8 man cutoff

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Husker Harvest Days run like 3 days? Most FFA/Ag programs attend it during the week I believe as well, not on Saturdays. 20-30 years ago football was king after school and nobody messed with that time slot. At that time Husker Football was King as well...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football Matt Rhule makes cameo appearance in HBO's Lanterns finale
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set