Recent content by BriantheLion

  1. B

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    I don’t know Levi personally, but from what I sense about him, once he and Mendez were ruled out (again) and PJ and Mitchell put on good weight accordingly, he might not feel it’s worth upsetting the apple cart by pushing his way back into the lineup…. …but since he’s in the room working on...
  2. B

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    To my understanding, those who are STARTING college this year and subsequently, it’s 5/5, period…those who are done are done(pending litigation).., …for those anywhere in the middle of college, could go by new or old rules… whichever is better for the athlete… but had to decide back in July.
  3. B

    Not great news…

    I thought right away it’s David on viewers left… less convincing but I’ll believe it’s Kasak on viewers right… … who is back/center?
  4. B

    ONO

    I thought it was unlikely, since I have never heard it mentioned… how common of a name is Ono in Japan? Is it like the Smith or Jones in America?
  5. B

    ONO

    I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to ask.. Are they related?
  6. B

    Favorite current Non PSU wrestler to watch

    … and every time he won a match, his dad held up a silly little wind up monkey that played cymbals! You guys had another pretty slick wrestler IIRC Chris Harmatta or something like that… did he go on to wrestle in college or beyond? I hope all are doing well! Brian AC’75
  7. B

    ONO

    I also use quote if I want to read through the rest of the thread to see if someone else has already said what I want to say, without having to scroll back up to find the post I want to refer to… I use reply if I don’t care to do that/just speak up immediately.
  8. B

    ONO

    I don’t think many of us are any less excited about Nate Desmond in the lineup than we are for more than a very select few other young guys in the room… the only letdown is the absence of one Masa Ono!
  9. B

    ONO

    But since he never redshirted, I believe he’s eligible this season and next… where/when might he fit?!
  10. B

    ONO

    Ya me too… OTOH at least the thread hasn’t yet veered out of the broader lane of NCAA Wrestling!
  11. B

    Why Social Media is enriching our lives, while it eats away at the fabric of our society.

    He’s one of the minority that has room to do this because he has a late birthday… young for his academic year.
  12. B

    '26 Waclow Ziolkowski Memorial (8/29-30) thread

    I remember that one also… Marcus rolled him for a four point move while they were heading out of bounds. I don’t know if they’ve ever met in folkstyle.
  13. B

    ONO

    Right… he was stronger and did all he needed to do to get the W, according to freestyle scoring. …in folkstyle, the same action would have led them scoreless into overtime… none of the push outs or the activity point would have warranted a stall call on Davino… …and I believe Ono would have...
  14. B

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    They must have been measured at their offseason walking around weight!
  15. B

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    Not only is he a great wrestler, but he sounds like a great young man ….now I’m even MORE disappointed he’s not going to be on our team!
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football SEC considering restoration of transfer portal policy
  2. 02 College Football Playoff How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
  3. 03 On3 Football Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
  4. 04 On3 Football Oklahoma OL Michael Fasusi doubtful for Red River Rivalry, latest on return
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State hosting a few 2027 recruits, key flip targets, and coveted 2028 and 2029 quarterbacks for UCF game