Recent content by Bowdawg

  1. B

    Ok. I’ll tee this one up……..

    1. Hit an air pocket in a helicopter between two mountain passes while hunting for tahr in New Zealand. Felt like the bottom fell out from under us. The rotors were about a foot from the mountain wall on one side. Pilot was a great one and he even looked back and was rattled afterwards. 2. On a...
  2. B

    Seen in a hs game last night.

    Probably the other craziest one I was a part of was more about what happened during the game and the ending score. We played Meridian Kate Griffin my 9th grade year. During first half lights went out on the stadium and shots were fired. We all hit the ground on the field. After they determined...
  3. B

    Seen in a hs game last night.

    My junior year in 1998 I think we were playing Kosciusko and punted to them. The guy muffed the punt and the ball popped right up into our gunner’s hands who kept running 50yds all the way to the end zone. Referees got together and determined it was a TD. Guy never had possession at all. It went...
  4. B

    10 Most Beautiful College Campuses in America

    Really Hoping when they finish this Dorman Hall renovation and stain the bricks like they did the hump it will fit in better.
  5. B

    10 Most Beautiful College Campuses in America

    Was in Ames last week and took a tour of campus. It’s not bad at all.
  6. B

    No crabs

    I have a really good take on the whole crab legs debacle. Long story and not to name drop but I ended up one night in Chicago at a cigar bar with multiple people involved in professional football and baseball. A GM was with us as well as a famous actor and his nephews. This was the year the Bucs...
  7. B

    OT - for those counting macros

    If you want to really watch the macros based for your body and get in shape the correct way, I recommend this guy and his company. He was my next door neighbor in Ohio. We became very good friends and worked out together a lot. He is one of the top interventional cardiologists in the country...
  8. B

    Caged Liquor!

    I don’t drink much at all but I keep the liquor cabinet full for guests and the like. That being said the Balvenie is a nice one to grab.
  9. B

    Insurance/ AC

    Oh we weren’t happy with the time. It was terrible. Our first one went out in the game room and my office above the garage. It took about 2 months. That was in April. We had a month all good then The second unit went out in July in the master, my wife’s office and our 10 month olds room. It was...
  10. B

    Insurance/ AC

    Oh I agree. I wouldn’t have purchased it myself but we knew when we bought the house one unit potentially on its last leg. The condition of the purchase the seller had to pay for 2 yrs of the top tier warranty plan. We cancelled it as soon as their portion of the contract was done.
  11. B

    Insurance/ AC

    We have replaced two of the 3 units on our house in Louisiana in the past 3 yrs. It wasn’t insurance but we had American Homesheild. One unit ran around $10k and we paid $5,600. The other was around $8,500 and we $3,700. They can be a pain because the processing is slow but I will take he...
  12. B

    Jake sneaks one out

    Was at the game last night and tonight. Jake had multi-hit games in both and made a great catch tonight on a De La Cruz line drive. He also took the time to sign my kids jersey and take a picture after the Friday game. Extremely grateful to him for that considering they had lost and he didn’t...
  13. B

    High School Baseball Bat Changes

    Have bat and glove will travel ha ha
  14. B

    High School Baseball Bat Changes

    Ha ha yea I’m 5’10” so everyone asks me about it. My father-in-law is 6’6” and some of my dads uncles are 6’7”. I think it must be a perfect combo. We will see how he turns out but he is def large. The pictures I attached are two diff 8u travel teams he played with this year.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  2. 02 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  3. 03 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  4. 04 On3 Football The latest on Georgia-Alabama as Tropical Storm Isaias threatens game
  5. 05 On3 Football Austin Simmons describes importance of beating Florida: 'Has always been my biggest dream'