Recent content by BLewis1968

  1. B

    2027 US News Rankings: Rutgers #14 Public

    I'm 57 and lived in Maryland from 2nd grade through 9th; my mother was still there until she passed this year. I never met a single resident that would consider themselves part of the Northeast. And yes, the Eastern Shore was always quite southern, though perhaps slightly less than it used to be...
  2. B

    USNews 2027 Rankings Dropped

    Lehigh isn't. Unless I'm mistaken, there is a five-way tie for 44th.
  3. B

    OT:: R.I.P. Jason Collins

    To say Twin was a class act is an understatement. It was a pleasure to cover him back in his playing days. RIP.
  4. B

    OT: Plane landing at Newark airport clips truck on the NJ Turnpike

    It would seem fatalities were up in 2025 from the past several years, though I suppose we'll have to wait another eight or nine months to judge 2026 off of any data. What appears beyond doubt to be up is close calls, near misses, not-fatal mishaps (runway accidents, etc etc).
  5. B

    OT: Plane landing at Newark airport clips truck on the NJ Turnpike

    Close calls are rising. So why does change come after them? Aviation Fatalities Hit 7-Year High In 2025, Per Aviation Safety Network
  6. B

    Football Rutgers Football dismisses three defensive coaches

    So middle of the pack in coaching salary, which is what is being discussed with underperforming (and overpaid?) defensive assistants. Seventh of 16, not including privates USC and Northwestern.
  7. B

    There is no point anymore NIL

    Are you trolling, or just ill-informed?
  8. B

    OT: NJ HS track meet of champions

    And the next Ledgister coming up was damn impressive. A 10.41 100 as a freshman is nice
  9. B

    OT: NJ HS track meet of champions

    2:02 is blistering. I wouldn't call it the greatest performance in state history - its not even the best girl's 800 in state history - but its damn great. I can see her winning the national title. And with her hurdles background, she's going to have some much versatility in college everybody...
  10. B

    OT: Wow: Interesting Scene in the New Netflix Series..Turning Point-The Viet Nam War (Rutgers ROTC)

    Yeah, that jumped out as soon as I saw it. FWIW, I thought his other two ("The Bomb and the Cold War” and “9/11 and the War on Terror”) were very well done, so I have high hopes for this one even though I'm only one episode in.
  11. B

    OT: Anyone’s kid going through the college admissions process this spring?

    The unmitigated hubris on that kid is astounding. Met multiple self-made billionaires with less ego combined. It's possible that may have turned off some schools, because the resume alone looks good on paper. But unfortunately for him, the elite schools are rife with elite applicants.
  12. B

    OT: Caribbean Vacation

    Ahh, ok. I remember Hedonism. That was awhile ago. Did not realize it was now Jewel. Makes sense. Yeah, my wife grew up in Kingston and graduated from Wolmer's. Still has two sisters and brothers-in-law living in Kingston, which is a hike. And yes, she'd pick Ohio Rios every day over either...
  13. B

    OT: Caribbean Vacation

    Yeah, Negril is very much where you stay, so research must be done. If you're into the naked wilder vibe, they definitely have that. If you want to unplug from life and just do the beach, they have that. I have yet to find a happy medium there. Much preferred Ocho Rios. Loved RIU and Sandals...
  14. B

    OT: Caribbean Vacation

    Bahamas - it sounds like some here didn’t love Atlantis, but we really liked it. Big complex; just pick the right building for you. Not all-inclusive, and yes food can get pricey (Nobu, Jose Andres’ Fish, Michael White’s Paranza, Carmines, etc). The Royal Tower is the one w/ the casino and the...
  15. B

    OT: Anyone’s kid going through the college admissions process this spring?

    ?? That's not what the SAI represents. It represents the amount of money 'they' - the federal government, who in term provide their tacit advice that the schools go on - think your family can and should contribute/pay. It's a guideline for financial aid, not how much you made. Clearly if...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football John Mateer speaks on early season struggles ahead of Red River Rivalry game
  5. 05 On3 Football Todd McShay: Keelon Russell 'on trajectory' to join Andrew Luck as only players with 99 NFL Draft grade