Recent content by bleedsorange01

  1. bleedsorange01

    “Warm Take”: The Pixies Ushered In the Grunge Genre, Not Nirvana or Pearl Jam

    Absolutely. I’m commenting more on the difference between the overall decline in quality of mainstream music across the generations…. And those A&R men are going to promote what folks want to hear….
  2. bleedsorange01

    “Warm Take”: The Pixies Ushered In the Grunge Genre, Not Nirvana or Pearl Jam

    I believe there is an overall decline in quality from a mainstream standpoint. I think that’s a result of what the mainstream values / appreciates. There tends to be less interest in listening to music for the sake of appreciating good song writing / orchestration and more interest in...
  3. bleedsorange01

    “Warm Take”: The Pixies Ushered In the Grunge Genre, Not Nirvana or Pearl Jam

    Great call by both of you mentioning The Melvins — agree they are more of a “ground zero” for grunge than The Pixies. I can’t remember if there is a coined term for it, but I recall The Pixies first using the method of having a subdued verse and then blasting out the chorus, and vice versa...
  4. bleedsorange01

    “Warm Take”: The Pixies Ushered In the Grunge Genre, Not Nirvana or Pearl Jam

    As a product of the 80s and 90s (went to hight school in the mid-90s), I’ve been enjoying listening to the 90s “classics” and reminiscing over the grunge sound. The days of ripped jeans, flannels, etc. Although I’m a bigger fan of 60s and 70s rock, I’d argue the 90s and the grunge genre was...
  5. bleedsorange01

    Obama and netflix deal

    Like with many selections, it’s somewhat ambiguous or misleading when passages are surgically cut from a text. Context matters, especially in Scripture. There’s a tendency to pick and choose verses of Scripture to make a point or fit a narrative. We all do that to some degree, but it’s a...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  4. 04 On3 Football Matt Rhule makes cameo appearance in HBO's Lanterns finale
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set