Recent content by berniecarbo

  1. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    Thanks, I do have some powder. I like almonds and was also trying to gain some weight back and regain some strength.
  2. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    The killer was a career criminal. One story said he had once been sentenced to 130 years, yet somehow he was out on probation.
  3. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    https://www.wkyt.com/2026/09/28/suspect-accused-killing-kentucky-state-trooper-arrested/
  4. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    Posts earlier about what to eat and drink. After my colonoscopy, the doc wanted me to increase fiber. I like almonds, so as part of it, I bought almonds. Turns out almonds are high in oxalate (many kidney stones are oxalate). Now I have another kidney stone. Whatcha gonna do?
  5. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/bob-pettit-dies-nba-first-most-valuable-player-hawks-lsu/ Some of you likely aren't old enough to remember Bob. There used to be an NBA st Louis Hawks team. They would come to Murray State and play an exhibition game. I saw them several times as a kid. One...
  6. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    One morning in Phan Rang, a buddy and I were enjoying a couple or three beers after a midnight shift. At the other end of the hooch we heard a guy cussing and screaming to beat the devil. Our whole shift had just got off work and was ready for some sleep, so I told my buddy, "I will take care...
  7. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    Something came up and I did a search on James Garner. Always liked Maverick and Rockford Files. He got 2 Purple Hearts. One from shrapnel from a mortar shell. Another from friendly fighter plane fire as he was shot in the butt while diving in a fox hole. He said with that big a target, how...
  8. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    I don't know him. Just found it on the internet. We were there at different times I guess.
  9. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    The first ones were conversions of an AC-47. The Viet Cong had never seen anything like them and till they got used to them, they had no idea what he'll they were about to get unleashed on them. They learned quickly though and started adapting best they could. I think over the years they used...
  10. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    What I remember most about the nights was Puff The Magic Dragon. Puff was a gunship that came out when they started shooting rockets at us. 3 mini guns. Each 6000 rounds a minUte with ever fifth round a red tracer. YOud see all these red lines coming out of the night sky. Reminded the Vietnamese...
  11. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    You guys post a lot of pictures. I don't have any and wouldn't know how if I did. I found these on the internet yesterday. This is a radar station where I spent part of my tour. The Coast Guard was known as the Guiding Force because every bomber or Navy ship was guided by their radar. We were a...
  12. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    I make all the paper shades for Aladdin Lamps and have done for well over 30 years. I m sending out a pallet today. Many years ago, a guy wrote a book on the history of Aladdin Lamps. He came by our place and interviewed Jan and i. He put our picture in his book and wrote a paragraph about us...
  13. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    I have noticed recently that for some reason AI is answering some of my search questions, even as something as simple as a baseball question. I don't always agree with the answer and I am pretty sure it is wrong.
  14. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    My knowledge of AI would fit on the tip of a needle with room to spare. I am curious and trust you for a good opinion. Is AI good, bad or both?
  15. B

    THE NEW D-LEAGUE

    https://discover.hubpages.com/sports/two-ton-tony-boxings-most-colorful-character A long read, but if you like boxing and or colorful characters, worth it.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football College football insider: Florida State's critical stretch, USC buyout math & more
  2. 02 On3 Football The Big Ten's weak early scheduling is main reason college football ratings are down
  3. 03 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 5 updates at Florida, Louisville, Ohio State & more
  4. 04 On3 Football Urban Meyer calls USC an 'injured animal' with Lincoln Riley's future in question
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Florida set to host No. 1 wide receiver again as final decision nears