Recent content by Bdog9090

  1. Bdog9090

    OT: US 30 year treasury above 5% for the longest period since 2007

    This is correct. The part of fiscal conservatism that is for restrained or budget positive spending no longer exists in American politics.
  2. Bdog9090

    OT - Sleep

    Since you are specifically asking about medication, I take 50mg of Vistaril (hydroxyzine pamoate). Does the trick for me. It's not a benzo, and it's not addictive
  3. Bdog9090

    Starkville

    Are the Camps even doing anything with the Cotton District? I can't think of anything new or planned since Dan died.
  4. Bdog9090

    NCAA EA Football - Apologies if German…

    I do. I enjoy it more than passive entertainment like watching shows/movies. Interestingly enough, the average age of someone that plays video games is 35. I would imagine mobile games have a lot to do with that.
  5. Bdog9090

    OT- Perfect album(s)?

    The Beatles - Rubber Soul Washed Out - Paracosm U2 - War The Afghan Whigs - 1965 Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
  6. Bdog9090

    Good HVAC guy in the Starkville area

    We were able to get Benton’s out of Columbus to come look at it. It’s toast. Going to have to get a new unit. Merry Christmas to us. Anyways, thanks y’all for the suggestions
  7. Bdog9090

    Good HVAC guy in the Starkville area

    Heater (all in one outdoor unit) quit working this morning. Need to get someone to come take a look at it and not finding much luck. Anyone got someone they would recommend?
  8. Bdog9090

    OT: Russian missiles overshot Ukraine and landed in Poland

    You over there in 2005? I swear there was a big polish guy that we called in for I.E.D. disposal that acted exactly the same way. Would stop and ask where it was, then would just drive up, grab the damn thing and throw it in the back of his truck.
  9. Bdog9090

    Internet speeds for Dummies

    I would go with 1G, or as high as you can afford. The advertised speed is going to be what your package will go up to, not what it will be all the time. So, if you get a 50Mb package, you're probably only going to see those speeds in off-peak hours. Couple of other things. Streaming HD or...
  10. Bdog9090

    More Starkville Biz News

    I had a marketing professor tell me once (this was like 18 years ago) that the reason there is no Target in Starkville is because of Walmart. Apparently they lobby the Board pretty hard to keep Target out. He said Starkville’s Walmart is one of the more profitable locations in the US.
  11. Bdog9090

    OT: Wheel of Time coming to Prime

    They made some weird changes to the story, like Perrin previously being married. I'm usually good with shows changing things to make them fit better (I mean, it's a really long series that is going to need to be truncated), but that one seems odd. I'll continue to do give the show a watch...
  12. Bdog9090

    Cleveland Indians change their name to..

    I would imagine it has to do with the actual term "Indians". There has been a cultural move for a while now to start referring to Native Americans by their correct nomenclature. Calling them Indians stopped making sense about 500 years ago when it was realized that Columbus did not actually...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football John Mateer speaks on early season struggles ahead of Red River Rivalry game
  5. 05 On3 Football Todd McShay: Keelon Russell 'on trajectory' to join Andrew Luck as only players with 99 NFL Draft grade