Recent content by BBHorn86

  1. B

    Looking ahead

    Amen brother! Kraft is the issue. The two revenue sports that in theory are to pay for everything else are an absolute mess.
  2. B

    Looking ahead

    Maybe this season but over the next 5-10 years VT and Miami will own the ACC.
  3. B

    Looking ahead

    That ain't happening. PSU doesn't have the rich uncle that cares like many of the other schools in the conference.
  4. B

    Looking ahead

    Get used to it... That will be our record for years to come. Matt Campbell has no sizzle. He would have been a great get in 1983.
  5. B

    College Football Playoff to consider new "Penn State rule": strength of conference schedule

    I'm not concerned with Wisconsin but the next three after that? I have know idea what we have because we haven't played anybody. I am hopeful but I will be more surprised by a 10-2 or better season than an 8-4 or worse season. Either way the playoffs are not likely reachable for this team.
  6. B

    College Football Playoff to consider new "Penn State rule": strength of conference schedule

    Agree with this summary. Not sure we get out of October with less than 3 losses. We'll know how good we are by this time tomorrow night. I'm reserving judgement until I see us against a team with a pulse.
  7. B

    My Observations

    That is the new standard for this program. The mushy middle and trips to the Pinstripe Bowl. Campbell will have teams and players that resemble closely the Paterno era but in this era of college football that will not lead to any relevance nationally. Thank you Pat Kraft.
  8. B

    Penn State ranked No. 18 in preseason AP Top 25

    Definitely a pivotal game... in either direction!
  9. B

    Penn State ranked No. 18 in preseason AP Top 25

    I have the NW game as a loss. The Cats will be sky high and know they can hang with us.
  10. B

    Penn State Men's Basketball.....

    In this age of college athletics every sport needs a deep pocket partner for NIL that cares about success. Our wrestlers have that, our hockey team has that, our football team obviously has numerous partners. Basketball does not. Although the Athletic Department has attempted to raise the...
  11. B

    One thing not being discussed is that fan interest is waning in this new professional model.

    Mixed bag overall, more parity great, becoming a big money sponsor game not so great, transfer portal needs some guardrails, NIL gets players a bigger spendable share of the pie, fair enough.... The issue that I see somewhat similar to MLB is no salary / NIL cap and undefined labor practices...
  12. B

    Anyone else happy for Indiana?

    On the other hand when was the last time anybody beat Alabama that badly? Having Indiana become a football power sucks. We now need to climb over Ohio State, Oregon, Michigan, USC, and Indiana... We are in the second tier with Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois in football now. I'm hopeful CMC can get...
  13. B

    I don’t see how Kraft survives this….

    Ding Ding Ding we have a winner! Spot on... PSU needs to completely overhaul its image and approach to keep up. Unfortunately the school will always be in a location that does not appeal to everyone.
  14. B

    How to clean up Krafty’s mess poll

    This is the paradox I see for many fans (including myself)... Are we willing to truly suck for a season or two to wait for the coach that gives us the highest CHANCE to win a national championship (honestly I'd take winning the Big Ten outright as good enough) or do we need someone that will...
  15. B

    How to clean up Krafty’s mess poll

    "VT will always be VT and PSU will always be PSU"... That is what Nebraska thought when they turned on Solich and then ran Pellini out of town after consistent 9+ win seasons.... In this era of minor league football the past is truly the past. Anybody who can show the money will succeed. After...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  2. 02 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  4. 04 On3 Football Josh Pate releases updated college football ratings in pre-Week 6 JP Poll
  5. 05 On3 Football 2026 National Title Odds: Georgia leads Polymarket odds after Week 5 of season