Recent content by Ball704336

  1. B

    Week 7 scores

    Spot on. We will see if that carries over to the Alleghany game next Friday. Also curious to see how Starmount responds against West Wilkes. They should beat West handily. These games will most likely decide the conference.
  2. B

    Week 7 scores

    I also think the unsportsmanlike penalties from Starmount early on stemmed from a lack of respect for EW. They thought they would just bully them and beat them up and it wouldn't matter how many penalties they got because they would still win. They hopefully got humbled after this one
  3. B

    Week 7 scores

    You're spot on. What was EW doing differently than they have in the past in your opinion? I did notice the QB crouching down real low behind the center and it looked like they were having a hard time seeing the ball. I'd be curious to know what Pardue's thoughts are on it. Did Walker change...
  4. B

    Football Starmount at East Wilkes

    You're exactly right. I've noticed that the player that gets the penalty will come off the field and at times a coach will pat him on the head like it's no big deal. They will never win the big games until this gets under control
  5. B

    Football Starmount at East Wilkes

    I love everything about what he does for the football team except for one. He has GOT to get control of the discipline of the players. The unsportsmanlike penalties are giving the close games away. Hard to win against good competition with 185 yards in penalties. Most of that was in the first...
  6. B

    Football Starmount at East Wilkes

    Great game by East Wilkes, they earned every point and deserve the win. An amazing team win. Starmount's defense couldn't do anything to stop them. First time seeing a team move the ball like that on Pardue's defense. Starmount playing without 0 on defense for the last quarter certainly hurt...
  7. B

    Football Starmount at East Wilkes

    I thought originally it would be a good close game. Starmount is just hitting another level now. They're especially dangerous when 0 is in the backfield. Rams by 21
  8. B

    Football Alleghany at Starmount

    I did not expect this score. Starmount just has so many weapons. They spread it around last year but this is just a different level this year. They looked like a team on a mission last night. Much improved from the first game of the season. Well done
  9. B

    Football Alleghany at Starmount

    Starmount needs to take care of business. A loss could put them in a position to be on the road in the playoffs. Don't need a repeat of that disaster again.
  10. B

    Football Alleghany at Starmount

    Better than Mt Airy? I know Alleghany will be good but I would be surprised if they're better than Mt Airy.
  11. B

    Football 2A RPI Thread

    Starmount's conference is one of the toughest in 2A, 3 of the top 10 teams in 2A. Not to mention playing Mt Airy, East Surry and Wilkes Central. It's not like it was a few years ago. Any given Friday they could be beat.
  12. B

    2A Contenders

    I had high hopes for Starmount this year but after a couple of scrimmages and then the Mt Airy game I had my concerns. This past Friday they took a huge step in the right direction. Scary thing is, I think they've just scratched the surface on the team they could be. I can see certain things...
  13. B

    Scores

    I'm gonna have to go check it out. The old Independence was something else. Some of the best teams in the country.
  14. B

    Scores

    Walker is doing a tremendous job over there.
  15. B

    Scores

    I was reading that Independence is way down this year and have a new coach but still with the athletes in that area they should be able to reload.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football Pete Thamel makes box office analogy for Trojans: 'This USC seems like the same movie'
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Intel: 4-star ATH Brayden Arnold closing in on a commitment -- and one team is trending