Recent content by aspendawg

  1. aspendawg

    Movie recommendation - Heart of the Beast

    Alaska is raw, wild, and unbelievably beautiful. I was lucky enough to spend the final chapter of my German Shepherd Ballard’s life up there (the best dog I ever had) exploring, running, biking, camping, and hiking together. In so much of that state, you feel completely removed from the rest of...
  2. aspendawg

    Fluff Bothwell

    Fluff is the best I've seen at picking up the pass rush as an extra blocker and when he does so he meets them with bad intentions. He was hurting folks in that MN game.
  3. aspendawg

    If our offense and defense each had theme songs tomorrow... what's your perfect pick?

    Defense - Calm Like a Bomb - Rage Against the Machine Offense - Power - Kanye West - leaning into the K1 hype.
  4. aspendawg

    Chaos in Knoxville

    You're mixing up social consequences with government punishment. No one said the president isn't the leader...the point is that respecting the office doesn't require compelled loyalty to the person in it. Democracy protects the right to decline without state retaliation. Funny how fast 'respect...
  5. aspendawg

    Chaos in Knoxville

    Respecting the office and respecting the person holding it are not the same thing. The foundation of American democracy is built on the idea that dissent, protest, and the right to decline are not just tolerated but they're protected. A lifetime ban for exercising a personal choice (that's not...
  6. aspendawg

    Chaos in Knoxville

    Good news is that his natural skin tone will blend right in with Texas and UT fans.
  7. aspendawg

    Books/Headlines you will not see published - Missouri**

    SEC Football: We Totally Belong Here. A memoir from an objective Missouri fan.
  8. aspendawg

    Anybody had this Pizza??

    TriBecca Allie in Sardis, Mississippi is a sleeper for delicious wood fired pizza in north Mississippi.
  9. aspendawg

    Sweeney and gambling

    I only gamble when I'm in Las Vegas which is maybe once or twice a year for work. I take a set amount of cash and play blackjack. If I lose it then I leave. I don't gamble on sports anymore... I already have enough to piss me off in day to day life without watching sports with money on the line.
  10. aspendawg

    OT: What did Nike do wrong to cause this?

    They did the same thing Starbucks, BP, and Shell did. They hired a consultant as their CEO or to set strategy roadmaps. BP hired a McKinsey guy and fired him and now they brought in a former EXXON person to turn around that BS. Shell hired McKinsey to reorganize us back in 2020.. McKinsey with...
  11. aspendawg

    Well this is terrifying…Part 2

    Guys… these companies will surely self regulate and eventually steer us clear of a metaphorical world ending iceberg. I’ve seen it a million times and I have faith. Greed will not prevail.
  12. aspendawg

    How many times per year do you **** your pants?

    Never....literally never **** my pants. I was sitting on a river with some local Houston buddies and a few were talking about keeping extra underwear at work and I was flabbergasted. That's a check engine light guys... go to the doctor.
  13. aspendawg

    OT: Repurposing gone wrong

    Even more staggering and often lost in the historical noise is the fact that Russia lost some 27M people in WWII and 8-9M were military.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football SEC considering restoration of transfer portal policy
  2. 02 College Football Playoff How much Big Ten, SEC programs could gain from College Football Playoff expansion
  3. 03 On3 Football Georgia's offensive line blends fifth-year wisdom and raw talent, but can it push around Alabama?
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting New LSU offer shakes up the recruitment of blue-chip QB Tristin Gaines -- and upcoming visit plans
  5. 05 On3 Football Upset Alert: Josh Pate reveals concern level for notable Week 6 games