Recent content by Aardvark86

  1. A

    Viva la France

    it would be really cool if the next Scripps Howard spelling bee included the word "Vichy"
  2. A

    More people are drug addicts from being homeless than homeless from being a drug addict

    Of course it's an exaggeration. Re Narcan, that is actually about where I am too, though I can't begin to say how grotesque and pathetic it is that as a society we train school kids in how to administer it. Honestly, the needles was more a disease transmission thing but protease inhibitors...
  3. A

    More people are drug addicts from being homeless than homeless from being a drug addict

    I always remember back in the 80s there was an arthur miller round table on homelessness, and he asked C Everett Koop what he do if he were confronted on the street by a homeless person begging for money, if he knew the person was going to buy drugs with it. Koop paused a moment, and then...
  4. A

    The Left's Model for Schools Has Failed

    On balance, public schools do ok considering the size and scope of population-based education in this country. Think of it like food production -- sure, we might all love to eat locally grown and prepared products, but when you have a population of 300MM+ to feed over a continent-sized area...
  5. A

    Viva la France

    Dude. Have you been to London?
  6. A

    Viva la France

    honestly, I'm kinda surprised this thread is still going, but if we're really going to go four pages in, at the risk of taking on a role normally reserved for Bear, could someone PLEASE correct the title to "Vive"?
  7. A

    Normal people don’t talk this

    You know, it's a shame that there's so many people who speak in jargon and drivel. Just this weekend, I was at an absolutely fantastic concert by Rising Appalachia - literally not a single uninteresting number, and most quite compelling with great musicianship. But...they can best be described...
  8. A

    SCOTUS Term 2026-27

    Good morning boys and girls. The wait is over on the first Monday in October. Today we get the Boulder, Colorado lawsuit on whether states can sue energy companies for climate change damages under state law or whether that's preempted. A huge case actually given the political nature of most...
  9. A

    The "Off Topic" discussion thread

    Cretin. That's not chili. It's borshch. Which of course means it's black bread.
  10. A

    I Come Bearing Gifts - Part Deux

    Hot damn that may be a keeper. I especially like the flag touch.
  11. A

    I Come Bearing Gifts - Part Deux

    the least you could have done was sent me some homemade Stromboli or borshch.
  12. A

    The "Off Topic" discussion thread

    Oh to hell with you all. And I made the Stromboli over the weekend too given the rain.
  13. A

    Viva la France

    I blame jp sartre
  14. A

    ****OFFICIAL FLOCK CAMERA THREAD****

    Comments on this are hilarious as you scroll through. “I’m Spartacus” comes to mind.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football After Florida State's blowout loss at Louisville, this finally feels like the end for Mike Norvell
  2. 02 On3 Football Kirby Smart has done just about everything there is to do in college football with one crimson-coated exception
  3. 03 On3 Football UCLA is learning why Bob Chesney has won throughout his career
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Carson LaCombe's late-game heroics powers Pieper to thrilling comeback win vs. Judson
  5. 05 On3 Football Washington QB Demond Williams leaves game vs. Iowa with injury, Elijah Brown enters