Recent content by 3407Dewey

  1. 3407Dewey

    Predict the next 4...

    1-3 should be the expectation. 2-2 would be great.
  2. 3407Dewey

    Hope Kirk does it next week too…

    To be fair, he treats us about like some of our own fans do on the message boards.🤷‍♂️
  3. 3407Dewey

    Best and worst Prez we have had …

    Zacharias was president when I was an undergrad. I remember one morning in Allen Hall standing out in the crowded hallway waiting for my class to start. Someone had spilled a drink in the hall and everyone was tracking through it. Dr. Zacharias comes walking down the hall with his entourage...
  4. 3407Dewey

    OT: debt

    My limited understanding is that these numbers aren't quite as bad as they seem because we also have a higher GDP than any of the other countries listed. But even if that's true, the current path is unsustainable. We are now borrowing money to pay the interest on money we've already borrowed. I...
  5. 3407Dewey

    Protect College Sports Act Amendment - Salary Cap for Coaches

    Try to judge the merits of an idea rather than focusing only on the D or R behind their name.
  6. 3407Dewey

    Protect College Sports Act Amendment - Salary Cap for Coaches

    Senators' salaries are a tiny fraction of what D1 football players make. I don't think that moves the needle much.
  7. 3407Dewey

    Protect College Sports Act Amendment - Salary Cap for Coaches

    If the judicial branch counts as "the government" then the government is already involved. The question is whether the NCAA has the clout and authority to enforce any kind of standards regarding eligibility, NIL, salary caps, etc., and the argument is that the NCAA (and/or conferences) will have...
  8. 3407Dewey

    Protect College Sports Act Amendment - Salary Cap for Coaches

    Sen. Corey Booker has proposed an amendment to the act that would cap coaches' salaries at 5 mil/year. Thoughts? I honestly don't hate the idea, although I would assume it would just lead to under the table deals.
  9. 3407Dewey

    Y’all need to prepare for tomorrow

    To some degree. More true for teams like us who have little depth.
  10. 3407Dewey

    Y’all need to prepare for tomorrow

    Yep that's it. We have the starting talent to win 8 games. But a few key injuries would see that number drop like a rock.
  11. 3407Dewey

    Free article on The Athletic about CFB budgets

    It's a good article, and I think that them providing a range/interval of approximate NIL budget lends a lot more credibility to their reporting.
  12. 3407Dewey

    Can we finally put it to rest that Lebby will be fired this year?

    I think if the season tanks it will be due to key injuries and lack of depth. I think Lebby has shown that he can be successful with decent players. We have good starting talent but not much depth. That’s what concerns me.
  13. 3407Dewey

    OT: Do you laugh at farts?

    At my own? Yes, always. At others'? Depends on the situation. (The silent but deadly coming from some unknown quarters in church is usually not amusing to me.)
  14. 3407Dewey

    I thought about going to Minneapolis

    Dude... you can probably find a restaurant like that in basically every large city in the country, including most in the south. There are multiples here in Omaha, and hopefully that won't keep our fans away.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
  2. 02 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  3. 03 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  4. 04 On3 Football 2026 Big 12 Championship Polymarket odds entering Week 6
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Nebraska hosting 4-star flip target for Indiana game — and surging into visit