Recent content by 1stplacehawk_rivals209759

  1. 1

    All-American probability

    From an outsider's perspective. 141 and 174 would move ahead of 285 if the question was "most likely to win a championship" 165 285 141 174 125 149 157 (If Chance gets the cut under control of if Joe Smith goes this could be higher. Too much uncertainty here to make an accurate call right now)...
  2. 1

    Recruiting

    Ethan Anderson a top 100 recruit and future 285 switched from Missouri to OSU today. He is a heck of an athlete and has a very high ceiling.
  3. 1

    Mike T. and Dean Heil

    I was absolutely serious and mailed the check yesterday
  4. 1

    Mike T. and Dean Heil

    I forgot where it was made, but was feeling pretty good about it at the time, lol. Heil really came on at the end of the year, and is looking like the wrestler everyone was expecting out of high school. I'll send a check to the Cowboy Wrestling Club tomorrow. I just hope that Tom and Terry can...
  5. 1

    qualifiers and brackets

    Penn State only qualified 7 and Minnesota only qualified 8
  6. 1

    Why burn a redshirt?

    You also have to factor in that burning the shirt likely wasn't Smith's decision alone. I'm sure if Harding wanted to stay a redshirt, he would probably still be a redshirt.
  7. 1

    iowa on Sunday, January 11

    Elite coaches and programs go hand in hand. The current programs that can be counted on to contend for a title almost every year probably have the 4 best coaches in the business (Throw in Cornell as #5 if you want). OSU-Smith, Iowa-Brands, PSU-Sanderson, Minn-J Rob. I don't think there is anyone...
  8. 1

    Oklahoma open

    I watched the Koo vs Marstellar match and have got to say that I was more impressed with Koo than Chance. He got himself in a hole early but the last two periods consisted of Marstellar trying to fight Koo off his legs. He looked completely gassed and didn't make a serious attempt to score after...
  9. 1

    OKC Open

    If I'm there that's a deal. I've already booked my hotel for BIG 10's but still not sure if I'll be able to make nationals. I might be traveling for work that weekend which would be a complete bummer
  10. 1

    OKC Open

    Seems pretty bold Mike. I'd be willing to make a friendly wager on this. If Heil doesn't finish top 5 then you have to make a small donation to the Hawkeye wrestling club. If he does finish in the top 5 then I will make a small donation to the cause of your choice. Seems like a win win to me...
  11. 1

    Mike Tognetti-Is he a closet Hawkeye fan?

    I got a good laugh when I saw Mike's name come up. He would be the one
  12. 1

    cowboys land Piccininni

    Just checked it out and you are right that was a loaded bracket. I thought he beat Pletcher twice but couldn't remember off the top of my head.
  13. 1

    cowboys land Piccininni

    He could end up being the best wrestler from this class. He hasn't wrestled freestyle, so we haven't seen him in those loaded brackets but he has done well at some national folkstyle tournaments and dominated the state of New York. He was considered a good recruit until he abused Luke Pletcher...
  14. 1

    2015 recruiting

    Mark Hall will likely either be a cowboy or a gopher but I just don't see him being big enough for 184. He is an undersized 170 right now against high school kids and can get away with it because he is that much better than most. Against top college kids it is going to be a lot tougher to give...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football College football coaching carousel intel: Latest at Maryland, South Carolina
  3. 03 On3 Football College Football Rankings: AP Poll Top 25 after Week 4 released
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas are in line to host the nation's No. 1 running back
  5. 05 On3 Football Josh Pate: Shane Beamer's time at South Carolina has 'run its course'