Recent content by 18IsTheMan

  1. 18IsTheMan

    If I told you back in August…..

    So we should be able to move the ball on Florida?
  2. 18IsTheMan

    What if Shane could be Frank 2.0?

    Beamer inherited a crap fest at an afterthought program in the toughest conference in the country.
  3. 18IsTheMan

    Stewart back at practice today

    Yeah, I think he's on a one strike policy from here on out. But, as far as I'm concerned, he served his suspension. That's what the league was ok with. Teammates were vocal that they hoped he'd be able to come back. Best case scenario: He comes back with a renewed focus, knowing his...
  4. 18IsTheMan

    What if Shane could be Frank 2.0?

    That was a 2-year probation. Not 6.
  5. 18IsTheMan

    What if Shane could be Frank 2.0?

    And will Muschamp won 9 games in his second year. I'd safely wager more than half of those guys don't last 5 years in the current position.
  6. 18IsTheMan

    My favorite photo from the game.

    I've seen this photo circulating on X. Aside from the guy crying and the girl's shirt, I don't see what people say about so many things going on in the photo.
  7. 18IsTheMan

    WNBA plays tomorrow

    Been seeing lots of stuff about Wilson. Was she as radicalized when she was here? I've never watched our women play, but from the little I gleaned peripherally, she seemed like a nice girl.
  8. 18IsTheMan

    WNBA plays tomorrow

    Who is Kelley Mitchell? A bunch of stuff about her started showing up on my Facebook feed that she could leave Clark's team b/c the fans are racist or something.
  9. 18IsTheMan

    What if Shane could be Frank 2.0?

    Frank's first 6 seasons at VaTech were, to put it mildly, non-descript. He coached to a 24-35-2 record (not going to double-check my math). And there was nothing particularly good happening in those first 6 years that foreshadowed what was to come. What about Year 7? He went 9-3, kicking...
  10. 18IsTheMan

    FROM WHAT I AM HEARING: SHANE BEAMER EDITION

    Yeah, you're right. I'd forgotten about that. Now that you mention it, I recall it being reported at the time that the 2 had worked together a good bit and each had a good feel for the what the other wanted to do.
  11. 18IsTheMan

    Thru 5 games, Carolina defense has second least amt of turnovers

    This was also completely unforeseen. One of things we've actually been consistently good at under Beamer is turnover margin. We have been at/near the top of league in that. It just fell off a cliff this year.
  12. 18IsTheMan

    FROM WHAT I AM HEARING: SHANE BEAMER EDITION

    Yeah, I raised this concern in another thread. Briles has really done a remarkable job with 180 the offense has performed from last year to this year. If the offense continues to perform, I would not be stunned if other teams come sniffing around at him. I'd be worried about our OL coach as...
  13. 18IsTheMan

    How did we get to this point

    The fans have accepted and tolerated mediocrity.
  14. 18IsTheMan

    Rivals is now charging high school athletes $499 for ‘evaluation’ and ‘ranking consideration’

    Parents will be dumb enough to do it. I don't know why, but they will. It's not like head coaches are sitting down checking Rivals or 247 or ON3 rankings. It's purely for the fans.
  15. 18IsTheMan

    We have scored 34 points in two of our conference losses

    I'm not getting my hopes for anything. They beat Auburn, who isn't expected to be very good and Ole Miss who was without their best player. Then got vaporized by Missouri. I don't know what they really are, but I'd guess they're at least good enough to handle us.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  2. 02 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  4. 04 On3 Football Urban Meyer blasts Michigan offense for lack of NFL talent: 'I don’t see first-rounders out there'
  5. 05 On3 Football Nebraska RB Jamal Rule is 'back' for Indiana matchup after missing Week 5 game with ankle injury